Bolton Ironman 2nd August

Big Banjo
Big Banjo Posts: 78
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone going to watch this or volunteer?

The start will be at Rivington, which for me is a five minute ride from my house, so thinking about volunteering.
Has anyone done any marshelling for events like this before?

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    "Bolton Ironman".
    Just the name alone conjours up a vivid mental image; Raw, tatooed fat blokes in vests and shiny jogging bottoms pounding their way across the bleak and unforgiving moors, a pint of Boddingtons in one hand and a Greggs sausage roll tucked in their pocket for later....Awesome.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    pottssteve wrote:
    "Bolton Ironman".
    Just the name alone conjours up a vivid mental image; Raw, tatooed fat blokes in vests and shiny jogging bottoms pounding their way across the bleak and unforgiving moors, a pint of Boddingtons in one hand and a Greggs sausage roll tucked in their pocket for later....Awesome.

Greggs sausage roll? In Bolton? No way - garlic bread's the future. I've tasted it! :wink:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • pottssteve
    Hi David,
    How's near Winchester? Can you get a one bedroom former council flat for under 200k yet?

I'll have you know I was ejected from Bolton shopping centre by security for eating a Greggs sausage roll. This was a while ago, mind, I was about 15 at the time.

"If they don't want you to eat them they shouldn't sell them", says I.

"You have to eat them outside", says he.

"But I'm hungry inside", says I.......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Gregg's?

In Bolton?

You mean Greenhalgh's my friend.
  • pottssteve
    Napoleon,
    Have my legal team been in touch yet?

It could have been Greenhalgh's - in the precinct/shopping centre, about half way along on the left, I think. This was 25 years ago though, although I still remember the sausage roll.......warm and yummy.

Steve
  • Anonymous
    It may have been a Gregg's sausage roll, hence the eviction...
  • pottssteve
    Napoleon,
    Are you suggesting that Greenhalgh's have got the security man on the payroll to stop teenagers enjoying rival pastry products?
  • Big Banjo
    Big Banjo Posts: 78
    You mean Greenhalgh's my friend.

Apparently they are the official sponsor and will be giving away pasties and pies at feed stations.
  • Anonymous
    pottssteve wrote:
    Napoleon,
    Are you suggesting that Greenhalgh's have got the security man on the payroll to stop teenagers enjoying rival pastry products?

If these teenagers had tried Greenhalgh's first, they wouldn't be enjoying rival pastry products, more like suffering with a sub-standard substitute...
  • pottssteve
    Napolean,

Aha! So you're on the payroll as well!

Actually, you have to go a long way to beat Big Ben pies. I say you have to go a long way 'cos they sell them in New Zealand.

http://www.bigben.co.nz/

You've never lived until you've had a warm mince and cheese pie...... :)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/new ... d=10584163

Sweet as, Bro'.
  • pottssteve wrote:
    "Bolton Ironman".

you just described me to a tea :wink:
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Pies are gallus.