New car excitement

Surf-Matt
Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
edited August 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Like a kid in a sweet shop - being delivered on Friday...

BMW 335d Touring SE with 16k miles.

286bhp, 428lbs/ft :twisted: :lol::lol:

Should be fun!

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Nice. Looks like you could fit the boat in one too!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As Clarkson would say, that is a lot of torques!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    supersonic wrote:
    As Clarkson would say, that is a lot of torques!

They are nice organized German built BMW Torques though.

Nicely done.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i thought we hated bmw drivers on this forum?

nice motor, im a big fan of beemers but ive only owned old ones (318is, m535i, 628 csi, 730ise) each was ace though.
  • Surf-Matt
    We do hate them - I will be hating myself at the same time as grinning :D

I do plan not to drive like a complete t1t though which may confuse other road users. I might even use the indicators once in a while :wink:
  • As you should all know it's Audi drivers we hate at the moment.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Razer_MTB
    Razer_MTB Posts: 361
    whats wrong with audi drivers?

(we're not all bad)
    :cry:
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • Simon430
    Simon430 Posts: 118
    My dad's got one currently and it is fast, very nice car, can't really complain about anything on it really.

Might be getting it tuned in a couple of weeks to 350bhp and 640lbs of torques which is going to be insane, supposedly can beat a ferrari F430 from 60-100mph. :shock:
  • keirtristan
    keirtristan Posts: 296
    As you should all know it's Audi drivers we hate at the moment.

I don't hate Audi drivers. I am one. It was RS4 owners that Jeremy Clarkson said were always sat up your arse not Audi drivers in general.
  • It was RS4 owners that Jeremy Clarkson said were always sat up your ars* not Audi drivers in general.

No you're wrong. It's all Audi drivers without exception.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • keirtristan
    keirtristan Posts: 296
    It was RS4 owners that Jeremy Clarkson said were always sat up your ars* not Audi drivers in general.

Cheers!!
  • Razer_MTB
    Razer_MTB Posts: 361
    It was RS4 owners that Jeremy Clarkson said were always sat up your ars* not Audi drivers in general.

gee thanks, :cry:

ah well, story of my life :P
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    torque torque = find a friendly tyre supplier!
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893

He's right, Audi drivers are the new BMW drivers :wink:

428 torques? Good times! :D
  • Surf-Matt
    I have noticed more "angry" Audi drivers than BMW ones recently...! It's usually the ones in slowish models who have something to prove.

Matthew - indeed! Might have to ditch the run flats but going to give them a good testing first. It's an SE model so super stealthy and wears "normal" rubber - in fact the same size as my Astra (225/45 17")!! The M Sport tyres would be a lot more. The only thing that gives this BMW away is the twin tailpipes and for the super geeks, the chrome grille (meaning six, not 4 cylinders) - plus the badge of course. Hee heeee :twisted:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Much better ride without the run flats.

My old chap has got a 5 devil fuel & he ended up getting a 2nd set of wheels to chop & change run flats to normal for a decent comparison (got a tyre business - so needed to know)!
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331

the day i start listening to 'jacketnjeans' clarkson on who's a b3ll3nd or not is the day i grow a ponytail.
  • I've never understood why anyone would buy a modern Audi - tarted up generic VAG componentry at inflated prices. Why not just buy a Skoda?

The proper RS cars are a different kettle of fish though, they're seriously good.
  • Surf-Matt
    El loco - I also looked at the 3.0DTI Avant A4 as I like the look of them.

It was heavier, slower, more expensive, worse on fuel (a lot worse) worse emissions and only in budget in the B7 old shape so knocked that firmly on the head!!

Agree - they seem to have gone a bit naff recently yet hold their value very well. Dad had three uR Quattros (one was a Treser) - they were superb.
  • shin0r
    shin0r Posts: 555
    Welcome to the club Matt. Mine is"only" a 320d Msport though. Blame the credit crunch. £120 road tax and 46mpg is pretty tidy mind you. Practical too, dog + baby fit fine. My days of flying around roundabouts sideways are over :wink:

side.jpg
  • Surf-Matt
    Shinor - nice! The 320d has a damn fine engine too.

£215 road tax for me... Apparently they usually return over 40mpg though. Amazing! I'm going to have to take is easy while I get used to it. Going to be a bit of a shock after the 150bhp/235lbs/ft FWD Astra!!

Come on Friday!!
  • Simon430
    Simon430 Posts: 118
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    £215 road tax for me... Apparently they usually return over 40mpg though. Amazing! I'm going to have to take is easy while I get used to it. Going to be a bit of a shock after the 150bhp/235lbs/ft FWD Astra!!

It's more like 35mpg, the temptation of the right foot is too much i think. :lol:
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    I would say that the some RS4 owners are really quite good value.

Enjoy mountain biking, socializing and just generally being an all round good guy.
    :oops:

(Honestly I am not a c0ck!)
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I want a new car, can't decide whether to keep my Punto or trade it in for something else like a cute little Matiz.
  • Surf-Matt
    The beast has arrived - just took it for a blast up the dual carriageway, floored it and laughed out loud - flipping 'eck it goes!!

Lovely handling, amazing brakes, interior is spot on (Terra Dakota leather), sunroof is lovely and it even came with Thule roof bars so I can stick our Thule bike carriers too.

Cool!
  • Anonymous
    is it fair to assume the pics will follow?
  • Surf-Matt
    Soon!!
  • Anonymous
    cool and the gang. i do remember that new car feeling, i get the same feeling from new bikes these days.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Tis all them torques. The car is actually not moving - you are turning the planet the other way.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    shin0r wrote:
    Welcome to the club Matt. Mine is"only" a 320d Msport though. Blame the credit crunch. £120 road tax and 46mpg is pretty tidy mind you. Practical too, dog + baby fit fine. My days of flying around roundabouts sideways are over :wink:

side.jpg

You do realise that no-one will let you out at junctions? :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/