The things women say

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Mrs Tank and her friend were talking and for some reason they got on about the mirrors in next. And they both agreed they didn;t like them.

Surely I said a mirror is only as good or bad as the material looking into it. :?

Could any of you females out there please endevour to explain such statements or are me and my mate married to a couple of fruit cakes?
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    What makes you think that the problem can be explained by any female, as opposed to the people involved in the original conversation? Mmm? :?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    They are not nutters - the mirrors in Next ARE in fact crap!
  • Frank the tank
    The women in the original conversation are both convinced the mirrors in next are not very flattering. I did siggest they would perhaps have better results if they were to peer into mirrors accquired from a "fun palace" :lol:

I was wondering if it was a womans logic thing, or if was just my Mrs and her friend.
    Tail end Charlie

• teagar

I was wondering if it was a womans logic thing, or if was just my Mrs and her friend.

Good to see that there's a distinction between logic and female logic. :roll: :cry:
  • Frank the tank
    I was not looking for an in depth discussion, just a bit of a lighthearted OP. But as it happens I think in some cases women's logic does differ from mens.

As in I bought this dress in the sale and saved £30.00 No you bought that dress and spent £30.00. :roll:
    Tail end Charlie

• teagar
    I was not looking for an in depth discussion, just a bit of a lighthearted OP. But as it happens I think in some cases women's logic does differ from mens.

As in I bought this dress in the sale and saved £30.00 No you bought that dress and spent £30.00. :roll:

I know. I'm just a bit hot on gender discourse. I like to point it out from time to time.

It's just the assumption that male logic is normal logic and female logic isn't.

They're all stereotypes that allow for male dominance to be assumed.

I thought your example illustrated the universal unconscious male dominance perfectly! Nothing personal! Honest!
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    teagar wrote:

I know. I'm just a bit hot on gender discourse. I like to point it out from time to time.

It's just the assumption that male logic is normal logic and female logic isn't.

I thought your example illustrated the universal unconscious male dominance perfectly! Nothing personal! Honest!

... I have a feeling you aren't married... if you were I'm pretty sure you would modify your thinking on male dominance... :wink:
  • Frank the tank
    :lol::lol::lol:

Since my son left home I now live with Mrs Tank and daughter Tank and despite the fact I pay all the bills and am the sole earner I come a poor fourth in the pecking order. :cry:

Until it comes to bikes etc then they know when to keep quiet. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

• teagar
    mgcycleguy wrote:
    teagar wrote:

... I have a feeling you aren't married... if you were I'm pretty sure you would modify your thinking on male dominance... :wink:

Presumably you think I'm male? :wink:
  • mgcycleguy

...Until it comes to bikes etc then they know when to keep quiet. :wink:

Frank ... you do realise that is actually called "talking to yourself" !
  • Frank the tank
    :lol:

They have to keep a diplomatic silence, or else I'd make THEM wash the pots. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• mgcycleguy
    teagar wrote:
    mgcycleguy wrote:
    teagar wrote:

Presumably you think I'm male? :wink:

... I make no gender assumption, you can be whatever you wish to be, it is the internet afterall
  • teagar
    mgcycleguy wrote:

... I make no gender assumption, you can be whatever you wish to be, it is the internet afterall

Fair enough!

I am male anyway. :wink:
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    teagar wrote:

Gay.

I can't believe no one beat me to it.

Sorry. :oops:
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • teagar
    pedylan wrote:

Gay.

I can't believe no one beat me to it.

Sorry. :oops:

:roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Women are fabulous, I love 'em.
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    dmclite wrote:

Indeed they are. I was just thinking the same thing as I made a cup of coffee this morning. And then I thought...making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

tonyswiss.jpg
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    dmclite wrote:

Indeed they are. I was just thinking the same thing as I made a cup of coffee this morning. And then I thought...making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

tonyswiss.jpg

That made me laugh - you should make it your signature :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Things my wife has asked me,

1. What sort of elephants do they have in Australia ?
    2. Whats it like to live like an eskimo ?
    3. Can an Anti-submarine helicopter fly underwater ?
    4. What colour is white ?
    5. What happens when the moon goes out ?

She's smashing.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277

but Frank thats exactly the argument we use when we buy expensive bike bits! " got this frame it was only £1000 reduced from £1500" etc

maybe im a woman? :shock:

*looks down*

no im not :lol:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540

but Frank thats exactly the argument we use when we buy expensive bike bits! " got this frame it was only £1000 reduced from £1500" etc

maybe im a woman? :shock:

*looks down*

no im not :lol:

...buying a bike frame is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman. You catch a glimpse of her in the shop window, shining seductively. You know you want her as soon as you gaze at the gentle curves of her chain stays. The delicate flicker of the sun woos you as it catches her carbon finery. She's Italian, and you know she's begging for you. You marvel at the size of her forks and before you know it, you've whipped out your wad and are taking her home. With some thought, you choose her groupset and playfully slap her on the saddle. You whip out your allen key and tighten your nuts. You know you're going to ride her hard and fast just the way she likes it. Two hours later, the sweat is pouring off your forehead and your legs are turning to jelly. Finally, you crest the top of the hill panting like a banshee.
    Cycling weakly
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Red Rock wrote:
    That made me laugh - you should make it your signature :lol:

Good idea!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Things women say:

"Get your hand out of my purse"

"Will you stop staring at my chest"

"Do that again and I'm calling the police"
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    pottssteve wrote:
    Things women say:

Thats just things women say to you....
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    ...buying a bike frame is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman. You catch a glimpse of her in the shop window, shining seductively. You know you want her as soon as you gaze at the gentle curves of her chain stays. The delicate flicker of the sun woos you as it catches her carbon finery. She's Italian, and you know she's begging for you. You marvel at the size of her forks and before you know it, you've whipped out your wad and are taking her home. With some thought, you choose her groupset and playfully slap her on the saddle. You whip out your allen key and tighten your nuts. You know you're going to ride her hard and fast just the way she likes it. Two hours later, the sweat is pouring off your forehead and your legs are turning to jelly. Finally, you crest the top of the hill panting like a banshee.[/quote]

im getting a 'twitch on' reading that :shock:

ill have to go for a ride to cool down.................................but which bike?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    pottssteve wrote:
    Things women say:

Women usually say to me....

"Get your wallet out"

"Will you stop staring at her chest?"

"Do that again, and I'm calilng my husband"
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    What my ex used to say to me...

Get your hawn oot ma minge

Stop staring at my boobies

If i go out like this i'll get arrested

God, i miss that girl. Pure working class :cry:
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Buying a bike is like making love to a beautiful woman...

It doesn't take long and it costs a fortune.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs