New Commencal Meta 5.5.2

BurtonM
BurtonM Posts: 425
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Yeah it might not be customised with carbon handlebars and the such, but its the dogs bollocks for a 17 year old :)

23m7atx.jpg
yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

Comments

• Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    BurtonM wrote:
    Yeah it might not be customised with carbon handlebars and the such
    Not yet! but wait untill you get bitten by the bug :lol:
    BurtonM wrote:
    but its the dogs bollocks for a 17 year old :)
    It will be when you take the wheel reflectors off! :lol:
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    really nice bike, a lad i work with has one and loves it 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    Nice . You wont be disappointed.
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Stunning bike, congratulations.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    hmmmm im 17 and while my maxlight is nice, it aint that nice :( oh well next year ill be an 18 year old with a zesty 514 :D
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    Just noticed a small detail difference on my Meta 55 UK and your Meta 5 5 2. You know where the rear suspension is connected to the frame at the top? Yours is connected to the tube where the seat post goes into whereas mine is on the top. Wonder why the change? Mine is a Medium if that makes any difference?

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9771/12322093.jpg
  • andituk
    andituk Posts: 122
    Nice, I was dead set on buying one from Merlin, but decided it wasn't sensible right now.

Now they've sold out of the Large, I'm wishing I'd gone for it :(
    owen908 wrote:
    Just noticed a small detail difference on my Meta 55 UK and your Meta 5 5 2. You know where the rear suspension is connected to the frame at the top? Yours is connected to the tube where the seat post goes into whereas mine is on the top. Wonder why the change? Mine is a Medium if that makes any difference?

The large and extra large frames connect to the the seat, the small and medium the top :)
  • BurtonM
    I was told i bought the last large from merlin, sorry mate.
    Crashed it into a tree today, well i say that but i went into a tree and the bike seemed to wander down the side of Glentress. The wheel reflectors are off :D it was taken when the bike was brand brand new. :D
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    BurtonM wrote:
    The wheel reflectors are off :D

Then it's official - it is the dogs bollox! :lol:

ps Hope the bike is alright? You'll mend yourself! :lol:
  • BurtonM
    Little scratch on the sticker but thats about all, quite suprised actually. Its true, you worry more about the bike than you do your own safety.
    The wallett wont repair itself i tell you, its now locked until i get a proper job...jeeeeez!
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• BurtonM
    owen908 wrote:

Theres got to be some changes to justify the extra price maybe ?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    It's purely sizing, the frames are identical.
  • BurtonM
    yeah its just sizing, if you think about it. theyre not going to make bigger shocks so they just need somwhere else to connect it when the frame gets bigger or w.e
    yeehaamcgee wrote: