martinwitnam
martinwitnam Posts: 439
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone know if they now charge for this service as we appear to have three entries on our bill for this. We never use the 3 option to phone back so don't know where this charge has come from.

Can we fix it?
Yes we can!

Comments

• alex16zx
    alex16zx Posts: 153
    I think if you don't have a BT line it costs money. Maybe BT have started charging as well now?
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    As far as I'm aware it's always cost 5p each time you press 3.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153

but Martin's saying he doesn't press 3
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    PhilofCas wrote:

but Martin's saying he doesn't press 3

I realise that, but there's always the chance that someone in the house has pressed it 3 times in 3 months.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • PhilofCas
    absolutely
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    Charging for pressing 3 after 1471 is just another of BT's unadvertised money making scams. Best one is Call Waiting, which is their way of connecting you and charging for the call even though the line is engaged. Has anybody ever called you back because of it? It must rake in millions, and is positively criminal.
  • PhilofCas
    bill57 wrote:
    Charging for pressing 3 after 1471 is just another of BT's unadvertised money making scams. Best one is Call Waiting, which is their way of connecting you and charging for the call even though the line is engaged. Has anybody ever called you back because of it? It must rake in millions, and is positively criminal.

BT had sneekily added the answer phone option on our bill, £3.91 i think, when i spotted it and phoned them they said i'd chosen it (!, i hadn't) but couldn't credit it as i had had the service but would take it off the next bill (they could have credited it but simply said they couldn't, i simply couldn't be ar*ed arguing with them), low and behold the charge appeared on my next bill, to which i sent a snotty email saying i'll move away from them if it wasn't credited and taken off the next bill, they assure me this has been actioned. How many people out there are being charged for the answer machine option and don't realise.......
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    BT - worst company I have ever dealt with. Took £780 out of my account which was unauthorised and I had to fight tooth and nail to get it back. They initially said they would give me a £780 credit...yeah I don't think so. I will never use these people again if I don't have to (Landlord currently rent's line off them so not my problem)
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    BT !
    Now there is competition.
    I used to deal with them on a business basis about 25 years ago when they were the only supplier of wide area data communications lines. I will say no more or they will be round my house with a libel action faster than they could instal a telephone line.

Snake

Cycling Items
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Did you know 1471 is also 13...?
    Unlucky for some!!!!!
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson