Can anyone give me a job?

stickygreen
stickygreen Posts: 339
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
I drive trucks for a living (class 2) it's sooooo boring,crap wages,no time for my family or my bike,only one week off this year i need a change i will do almost anything.

Cheers.
GENESIS CORE 20

Comments

• Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Tesco's?
    It's been a while...
  • stickygreen
    i will do almost anything.

Cheers.[/quote]
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    jobcentreplus?

Have you checked Monster.co.uk or similar?
    It's been a while...
  • stickygreen
    someone on here said somthing about clearing mines in afghanistan thats the kind of change i'm talking about maybe it's a mid life crisis at 27.I also want a convertible sports car and an 18 yr old bit on the side :lol:
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Join the Army then. Must be plenty of call for class 2 drivers. You could learn to drive a tank. There's an impressive job title
    Stickygreen - Tank Commander
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    I can sort the car and the bit on the side, but sorry, can`t help with the job mate.
    Good luck.
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i'll have the bit on the side :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i know a few people in the civilian mine clearance business..........................
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Not to mention advanced sewage pipe demolition :lol:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Not to mention advanced sewage pipe demolition :lol:

we did stop just short of destroying it but i run a pretty good line in finding them :wink::lol:
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    With your driving skills, experience on the motorways and the life of a driver flip the coin and you'd be perfect on the dark side.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/knowledge/601.aspx
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • stickygreen
    i know a few people in the civilian mine clearance business..........................

Does that mean you would be able to let me know if there were any vacancies?
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • MarkEo
    MarkEo Posts: 308
    There's a vacancy at in my garden if you want it? All you have to do is stand in my garden every day whilst im at work and hit cats with a stick when they come and try and sh*t all over the place, i'll give you 3 breaks a day and a big stick, Its yours if you want it??
    Tis better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing something!
  • stickygreen
    Unlimited tea and biscuits and you got a deal.
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • MarkEo
    MarkEo Posts: 308
    Yeh thats fine, i'll run an extension cable out of the kitchen window and give you a kettle, a couple of tea bags and 1 packet of rich tea biscuits per week
    Tis better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing something!
  • Try http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/res.nsf/doc212?OpenForm i think it might be up your street if your after a change. Never had any dealings with them myself but looks like there are a few odd old jobs going on?
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Do you want a paper job?...................................................Wipe my Ar5e :lol:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • SPS7
    SPS7 Posts: 21
    Stickygreen

The land mine clearance trust HALO are looking for staff,

http://www.halotrust.org/recruitment.html

Cheers
    SPS7
  • I'm also a lorry driver, but currently I'm working for an agency which sucks balls. I need something full time. I'll have your job mr stickygreen. :D
  • FSR Si
    FSR Si Posts: 147
    Ive been a lorryist for 20 years now on and off, When i get pissed off with it i just change company for a year or so, Its boredom that does it for me same shit day in day out, change of scenery will work wonders for you imo.
    Why would you want to pack it in when its the easiest job out there paid to sit on your ass all day listening to the radio no boss looking over your shoulder, Get your delivery notes and load then switch the cab phone off and go your own way. Some of the best jobs ive had have been C2 multi dropping, one i had was delivering car parts for peugeot set off in the morning on the north wales run 20 jobs to do, bomb it round as fast as i could then park up for the afternoon sunbathing in some nice remote layby somewhere. Or take the wife with me then at dinner time phone the boss and say "not gonna get everything done today boss traffics murder out here" then go somewhere nice like Caernarvon park the truck on the coach park then have an hour in the shops and a nice lunch before having a nice easy drive back.

Currently i'm out of work because i made one almighty f*** up, I let myself turn into a real trucker IE i got fat, real fat, Which in turn made me ill, with stomach ulcers, Angina, kidney cysts, etc, etc. So i packed in and spent a year making myself healthy again and i'm ready for starting back.
    My Rides......91 GT Talera SingleSpeed, 97 Klein pulse race, 2010 Boardman HT Pro