Olympic Gangster

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
For those of you who enjoy reading, Matt Rendell has a new one out called Olympic Gangster

I'm a bit fan of Rendell's writing and this one seems really good so far. And it's something I know absolutely nothing about (queue Rockmount telling me I know nothing about anything :wink: )
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    Good morning Iain,

Should that not be "cue Rockmount..."

Anyway, I too really like Rendell but cannot seem to make myself read the rest of the Pantani book, I have got stuck half way through and have lost interest... Guess I am just way too low brow. Much prefer the comic book stylie of writing such as Richard Moore. Rendell always good for a post race interview/ insight too.

Take care,

Col.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    The Pantani book is fantastic, but not entertainment. Try Kings of the Mountains, that's good.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I hea what you about the Pantani book it did become a bit of a struggle about two thirds of the way through...

I've also struggled a bit with King Of The Mountains, seem's to be more about the political systems of Columbia than the riders. But getting through it. Reading the Coppi book right now. Good and easy read.
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    Sounds like it'll be a really good read . He seems to have been an interesting chap and to have led a life of real adventure . Good stuff . Might have a bash at it .

I thought Rendell's Pantani book was super - aside from the ever present tone of doom throughout - and certainly opened my eyes to the drug addled world of the pro' cyclist of today . Disregarding for the moment that Marco was as jacked up as Armstrong likely was , I certainly enjoyed the times Pantani was giving LA 'stick' . I miss him .
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"