Graydawg Posts: 673
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Just gonna throw it out there.....

Come on Lewis!!
It's been a while...

Comments

• stickygreen
    stickygreen Posts: 339
    Top five in no particular order for quali.
    Webber
    Button
    Hamilton
    Barrichello
    Massa
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • Graydawg
    Would be nice to see Hamilton get up there on pole and a podium......

Still want JB for the championshiop - he deserves that!!
    It's been a while...
  • stickygreen
    I agree jb does deserve it lewis will have a podium tomorrow.
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    massa's out so is barrichello, infact massa hit the wall and hasnt got out his car yet :shock:
  • stickygreen
    good job i'm not a betting man :?
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Alonso P1, Button P7. Looking at the drivers in parc ferme they are asking each other their times and being very confused.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stickygreen
    What a cock up with the times very annoying!
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • Ha ha we're even more organised than that in Club 100!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no matter how much people dislike Alonso, he's the best all round driver out there.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • stickygreen
    i don't dislike him i think he's a class driver as are most of them except maybe piquet jr he's a bit rubbish.
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • Graydawg
    Ha ha we're even more organised than that in Club 100!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no matter how much people dislike Alonso, he's the best all round driver out there.

Yeap Alonso is good - consistent and gets the job done..... he proved that again last year with the renault in the last half of 2008 season.....

He's proving it again with the 2009 car!
    It's been a while...
  • stickygreen
    He even spoke to lewis just at the end shook his hand n all.
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    What are the odds a suspension spring to fall from a F1 car, other driver to hit and scoop
    that piece from underneath the front wing and to launch straight into the driver's helmet. :shock:

Unbelievable.

I thought their helmets are bulletproof, so this shouldn't have happened.
    Helmets will probably be redesigned.

Btw, will other driver replace Massa at tommorows race.
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    from what I've seen his helmet was intact after the impact, doens't mean it was the only damage was the visor had been ripped open I suspect by the rescue crew to gain access to his airway and to assess him better, but could be wrong.
  • xtreem
    Formula 1 wrote:
    “Felipe was conscious at the arrival at the hospital,” said a Ferrari statement, adding that Massa had suffered a cut on his forehead, concussion and a bone lesion of the skull. Massa underwent surgery to treat these conditions, the outcome of which was positive. He will now remain under observation in intensive care.
    From this I think the spring hit him into the visor, but probably the visor was not so strong
    and the impact was absorbed by his forehead. Unlucky. :(

New visor will be redesigned probably, with 1" of bulletproff glass/plastic.
  • There's some quite horrible pics here. Click on the link that says "IL TERIBILE INCIDENTE". Looks like the spring punched a hole in the left side of his helmet, hope he's going to be ok.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • a little more info coming out... bbc is reporting 2 fractures...

"During the course of his examination they established that he suffered a serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull."

Get well soon Felipe!
  • xtreem
    Massa doesn't look good from those pictures, the left eye has seen better days. :shock:

Similar accident happened one week ago, when F2 driver Henry Surtees, son of F1
    champion John Surtees, was hit by a tire from another car. Unfortunately he died. :(
    Video of the incident.

I don't know if the F2 cars have a safety cables to keep the wheels on the chassis
    on a crash, but if they do have then they don't work as they suposed to work.
  • Yeah I wondered about the safety cables myself and whether or not F2 has them.

There was an incident when they were first inroduced in F1 when they failed, however since then they have done their job perfectly.
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    F2 have the same safety standards as 2005 F1, which includes wheel tethers. The tethers have their limits though, so big crashes the wheels will come off

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... /07/920735
    Intense Socom
    Inbred