A little gripe about selling kit....

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Just a little gripe, just thought I would see if anyone else gets totally hacked off with this....

Have placed a few ads in classifieds here and various other forums, you check to see if anyone has a question / is interested and you see you have a reply.... then you get:

Nice bike mate - my mate has one just like it - YOUR POINT IS?????

How much for the pedals? QR Skewers NOT SPLITTING THE BIKE!

You won't get that much for it
(seriously pissed off about that one, I KNOW how much my stuff is worth and price accordingly)

And generally people who hijack the sale for no reason other than that they are sad bastards!!!! :twisted:

Some cock on STW posted a reply, I thought I had a potential buyer / a question and get this...

The front and rear mech need to be indexed, they are fitted, but I have not had the chance to get it to LBS. (from original ad)

It seems strange to me that anyone willing to splash this amount of money on a bike can't even, (or cant even be bothered is just as bad), index gears.

What a prat! :evil:

Really annoyed about this.... is it just me???

Rant over :lol:

Comments

• M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    the bit that boils my p1ss is the sellers that can't be bothered to post images of items for sale and put email for pics.

GRRRR!!!!

not saying that's you BTW :oops:
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Me too... it's in my siggy...... UPDATED! :D

I normally am the one ranting about lack of pics! :wink:

My camera is bust... yet another expense I can't really afford!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    totally aggree... pinkbike has got to be the worst for this sh!t
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I hate ads that hide soem important detail like the size of the frame somewhere deep int he text - if you are selling something surely make model size and price in the title is key no? Then I dont have to open the post to read it and find out its a five year old XL frame and not last years small that I want!

I am keen on getting a heckler and someone has posted an ad in classifieds simply titled "heckler" - how annoying then that I have to open it, go to ebay and then find its a medium being sold by some dodgy scrote with no command of the English language!

/rant
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Oh yeah. I've got to sell my DH bike because an accident means I'll probably not be able to ride it again (lots of metal pins and plates hold my arms together). And TBH I could do with the money.

So I've advertised it here, Pistonheads and Pinkbike. No responses from here or PH, fair enough it's an expensive bike and buyers aren't exactly everywhere.

PInkbike, bare in mind I've advertised the reason why it's up for sale.

Would you swap it for a 250cc crosser,
    Would you swap it for a DJ bike and cash.
    How much do you want for it? (it front and centre)
    How about just the frame, or the forks, or the frame and forks for a tiny percentage of what I'm advertising the whole thing for.
    and about half a dozen saying nice, bike I'd buy it if I the money, get well soon. Which is nice enough I guess.

It' s going on eBay at the weekend...
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Look on the bright side. With most forums not allowing you to bump your ad, these assclowns are helping to keep your ad near the top (assuming they dont just PM all the stupid questions of course, which they almost certainly will).

Nice bike by the way P-Jay, I'd buy it if I had the money, get well soon.

Oh, and paul.skibum I'll sell you a heckler. Not going to tell you condition, or price, or year though.
    :lol: