One for any old Punks out there - can you spot the venue ?

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Quite interesting and rare footage - can you spot the venue ???

http://mediamus.blogspot.com/2009/07/qu ... -punk.html

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    What a racket!

Just above the video it says, "Interview de Jean-Jacques Burnel bassiste du groupe The Stranglers à propos du mouvement punk en Angleterre, images de concert au Roxy Club à Londres, interview d'"un sociologue".

So I'm guessing it's at the Roxy club, à Londres? :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Was that really what Punk was like? I've seen more threatening kids parties. Some of those people were smiling!!? I'm going to have to go and get my memory checked. I remember it more as a mix of fear, passion and energy. Never being sue if someone was going to punch you or throw up on you. I think I better go to Trowbridge for a nap.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • nicensleazy
    Yep...The Roxy....I guess the title gave it away.

Yes I also remember Punk being more full on. Well it was for me. Always remember the Kings Road Punks etc. At least JJ was proud of being a Punk....Hugh now feels he was never a punk?
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Well, I fumbled in my CD collection the other day whilst cooking the tea (Mrs Pneumatic has gone away for a few days and the teens were starving and cross) and my paw fell upon Rattus Norvegicus. I blew the dust of it and slid it into the player.

Blimey, that was a good album! From the start of Sometimes to the end of Down in the Sewer I was growling with pleasure. I even got a "What's this, Dad?" from the 14 year old guitar hero spawn of Pneumatic as he queued for his sausage and mash.

I saw the Stranglers 15 times live, but this took me right back to the first time I put that disk on the turntable back in 77. :shock: :D : 8)

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Rattus Norvegicus was the Stranglers finest LP IMHO...
    ...it regularly got played along with Damned, Damned, Damned the Scream...
    ...and then later Gang of Four ~ Entertainment!
    ..but most of my stuff at the time was on 7" vinyl...
    ...or casettes recorded off the John Peel show. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • nicensleazy