HARD choices please ADVISE- GT or SPECIALIZED?!?!

skegman
skegman Posts: 4
edited July 2009 in MTB buying advice
hello!
im 22 have had a gt outpost since i was twelve, had many things done to it and then my mania calmed and it turned into a good transport.
now i have more money and a desire for the old fire to be lit!
im torn by the
GT Aggressor XCR Mountain Bike 09 16" (halfords)£750
and
Specialized Rockhopper Expert Disc (edinburgh bicycle)£750
can you please aid quickly they are both disappearing
thank you ever so much

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The GT is a bit heavier and built for harder terrain than the lighter, more XC focused Spesh.
  • Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    The Secialized Rockhopper Expert Disc has 2% off in my LBS and is £880 so that's a good deal.
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    For the past 4 or 5 months, every few weeks Halfords drop the price of the GT XCR down to £600 so if you like that bike it would probably worth waiting for their next sale and get it then
  • skegman
    hey thanks for the quick responses! the gt seems to be its last stock now according to the halfords entities! so if i am to think they are right i will have to act quick.
    the gt felt and looked (in my opinion) like a really good quality feel to it, its alot lighter than my ancient frame!
    but the rock hopper felt like a good riding position and seemed to hide its power with quite a subtle look.
    the rock hoppers shocks have got that adjustable lock- useful but i noticed the gt has the quick release bar pin thing(excuse my terminology) and an external crank bearing- makes it all feel super solid.
    please throw more thoughts on the topic im in a rut!
    i will use it for road- and mountain biking in scottish lands!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Depends how hard the offroad is!
  • skegman
    i presume that mostly it shall be light off road- but when i hit the mad s**t i want something that will support my needs.
    it seems like a very close choice between the two!
    ive heard that specialized warranty is really good nothing like that from gt but i think in terms of looks it takes over. specialized = black gloss paint