Lost my Mojo

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Guys/Girls,

I've lost it. I've lost the urge to commute, I have gone gone back to using petri dish transport.

I need help, anybody out there been hit by the same thing and what did you do to get your mojo back

HELP ! ! !
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Guys/Girls,

I've lost it. I've lost the urge to commute, I have gone gone back to using petri dish transport.

I need help, anybody out there been hit by the same thing and what did you do to get your mojo back

HELP ! ! !
    Contract swine flu, that'll put you off public transpoprt.
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    leave it for a month and in main time take the public transport to commute at rush hour (or drive). at the end of the month, you will looking forward to the Monday morning commute on a Saturday evening. :lol:
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'm in the car today cuz I feel poo, unless I feel alot worse tomorrow I'll be back on the bike, I drove my commute route too which made it worse because I had to sit in the queus (how hard is that to spell :oops: ) that I usually filter past.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    The mere thought of PT puts me off. Yuk!

Pull yourself together, ol' boy. This country wasn't built on quivering lips. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I went on the tube once last week. I'm sure I'm coming down with something. :?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    The answer is obvious - you need a new bike :D
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Isn't this is the second one of these "poor me, I don't have the will to ride anymore" posts? Both completely beyond my comprehension.
  • Roastie wrote:
    Isn't this is the second one of these "poor me, I don't have the will to ride anymore" posts? Both completely beyond my comprehension.

Possibly yes. I apologize if this is the case. I just want to know what other people do to get there Mojo back.
    The answer is obvious - you need a new bike :D

Wiggle - Incoming!!!
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    cjcp wrote:
    The mere thought of PT puts me off. Yuk!

Pull yourself together, ol' boy. This country wasn't built on quivering lips. :)

:lol:

Couldnt wait to get back on the bike on Tuesday after getting the bus in on Monday.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Occasionly I find myself thinking 'not today' but as soon as you're on and pedalling you forget that and it soon feels good again.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • posterboyj
    posterboyj Posts: 17
    perhaps you are over- trained, you need some time off to re-energies!!

Google over training
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    You could try taking a different, longer route. Maybe with less traffic
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Work out all the money you save by not taking car/bus/etc.

Then at end of month, tot it up and treat yourself - but wait until the END of the month, that way you have a goal to aim at, an encouragement, spend the month dreaming of how you'll spend it...

Works for me

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    As soon as you start getting visibly fatter you'll be back on the bike.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    If things are a bit flat for you right now you need to try and mix things up a bit to get your mojo juices flowing.

I'd suggest you try some role play.

C.H.i.P.s would seem a good place to start

200px-CHiP%27s.jpg

For those of you born in the 70s the antics and "Ponch" Poncherello and his "partner" "Jon" Baker were standard Saturday afternoon fare (after the sad demise of Space 1999 - Maya = surface of the sun HOT).

I'd suggest that you hire or make enough of the uniform to convince yourself you are in role, get on a set of the aviators and ride like the wind.

If that doesn't get you back in the groove - and a new gay following - then nothing else will.

Let us know how you get on.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Guys/Girls,

HELP ! ! !

I travelled once by public transport in rush hour - and as a result, the propsect of cycling in the rain whilst its blowing a force 10 gale seemed so attractive
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    What keeps me going sometimes is the fear. The fear that if I stop running and cycling my paunch and big ass will return and I'll no longer be a buff headturner....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I'll no longer be a buff headturner....

I still get second looks.

It's never good in an identity parade.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Greg T wrote:
    If things are a bit flat for you right now you need to try and mix things up a bit to get your mojo juices flowing.

I'd suggest you try some role play.

C.H.i.P.s would seem a good place to start

200px-CHiP%27s.jpg

For those of you born in the 70s the antics and "Ponch" Poncherello and his "partner" "Jon" Baker were standard Saturday afternoon fare (after the sad demise of Space 1999 - Maya = surface of the sun HOT).

I'd suggest that you hire or make enough of the uniform to convince yourself you are in role, get on a set of the aviators and ride like the wind.

If that doesn't get you back in the groove - and a new gay following - then nothing else will.

Let us know how you get on.

This is pure genius. Chapeau to that man.

All I need now are more blue lights and a large selection of cheesey one liners.
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Greg T wrote:
    I'll no longer be a buff headturner....

I still get second looks.

It's never good in an identity parade.

Planning on being in an identity parade in the near future then?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.