My new Stumpjumper HT

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper Posts: 420
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Heres some picks of my new 09 Stumpjumper comp Hardtail.
Aint she sweet :D
pbpic3749982.jpg

pbpic3749993.jpg

Comments

• mikey0303
    mikey0303 Posts: 134
    nice colour scheme 8)

what are your first impressions like?
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • Stormtrooper
    After the small ride i have had on it so far (due to work) i'm please with it, I'll give it a good test on the weekend and let you know.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Remove that cassette guard thing at once, and go ride it. Also change the tyres, they look like fast traks, and fast traks are horrible.

Apart from that, looks very nice. Whats its weigh?
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    RealMan wrote:
    Remove that cassette guard thing at once, and go ride it. Also change the tyres, they look like fast traks, and fast traks are horrible.

Apart from that, looks very nice. Whats its weigh?

Fast Traks are OK - depends what you're riding.

Agree 100% about the cassette guard though - those fcukers really annoy me!
  • RealMan
    adb1006 wrote:

If youre riding perfectly dry, perfectly smooth, no roots, no rocks, just hardpacked dirt, that has nothing that could cut paper, then yeah, they would be ok.

If you know what mud is, and have had a puncture in your life, then they arent the tyre for you. Saying that however, I never did run them tubeless... They might be a very nice light weight xc dry tyre when run tubeless. But I wouldnt.
  • adb1006
    RealMan wrote:
    adb1006 wrote:

If youre riding perfectly dry, perfectly smooth, no roots, no rocks, just hardpacked dirt, that has nothing that could cut paper, then yeah, they would be ok.

If you know what mud is, and have had a puncture in your life, then they arent the tyre for you. Saying that however, I never did run them tubeless... They might be a very nice light weight xc dry tyre when run tubeless. But I wouldnt.

They're actually OK for road riding is more what i was thinking. They are seriously puncture prone, i agree. Give me a set of 2bliss The Captains anyday...
  • RealMan
    Well if you want to do some road riding, get these.

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/image ... 5_2_hi.jpg

then put them on this

http://www.bikesonline.com/ppp/images/king3-silver.jpg
  • adb1006
    RealMan wrote:
    Well if you want to do some road riding

I don't. The Lobster's not a massive fan of roads 8)

I was just saying that fast traks have their uses - you told him to get rid of them without actually knowing what riding he does :wink:
  • RealMan
    I'm going to be extremely childish.

they still suck
  • Stormtrooper
    LOl dont worry about the tyres fellas they'll be going next week when payday comes around. I'll be putting a Crossmark on the back and a advantage on the front as they seem to do the job up afan, i'm up there most of the time as i only live ten miles from there.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Nice bike :D

Advantage is a good choice for a front tyre, but I am not a big fan of crossmarks - how about a larsen TT on the rear?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1