Checkout my Handjob :lol:

HandjobDan
HandjobDan Posts: 704
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
So here's a few pic's of my pride and joy, it's a custom build, and I've been enjoying it for the last year or so. Have a look:

DSCF2102-1.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2106.jpg

DSCF2104.jpg

DSCF2103.jpg

Frame: 2007 Cove Handjob
Forks: 2008 Rockshox Pike 426
Bars: 2009 Sun V1 Carbon
Stem: 2008 Thomson Elite
Headset: FSA Orbit MX
Grips: ODI X-Trainer lock-ons (they seem very comfortable, will have to wait and find lout how they last)

Brakes: Avid Juicy 7
Calipers: Avid Juicy 7
Disc: Avid 160mm Rotors
Hoses: Standard

Shifters: Shimano XT
Cables: Goodridge Cable Upgrade kit
Front Mech: 2008 Shimano XTR Shadow
Rear Mech: 2008 Shimano XTR Shadow
Seat: Charge Spoon
Seat Post: Thomson Elite In-line
Seat Post Clamp: Cove

Crankset: 2008 Shimano XT
Chain: Shimano XT (SRAM Split-link)
Cassette: Shimano XT
Pedals: Shimano M540 SPD's
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT

Wheels: Mavic EX721 on Hope Pro II Hubs 20mm Front, QR Rear
Tires: Continental Vertical Pro UST

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I thought the handjob was a steel frame, but that tubing doesnt look like steel?

Apart from that, looks nice, good choice with the pikes.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Real Man

It sure is steel, just has some very interesting tube profiles, especially the down tube.

My frame is excatly the same.

Nice build though dan, how do you find it wih the Pikes, I've got Reba Races on mine @ 115mm and it's a fantastic single track/woodland weapon
  • HandjobDan
    HandjobDan Posts: 704
    Thanks for your comments guys, I was worried that as there's no rear suspension or swoopy tubes no-one would be interested.

Sure is steel, I love the intricacies of the tubes and how they're all slightly different, really strong I've done Afan on it and a few dual slalom tracks. The frame is so smooth when the going gets rough that it sometimes feel's like it has a little bit of suspension due to the natural flex.

I love the Pikes, the coils are faultless and Ilike the extra travel. I can set mine at 115mm but for some reason anything but the Max 130mm allowed by the frame seems to be a waste and it feels like I'm sliding forward all the time, although that's probably to do with the saddle setup.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Good for you, looks very nice. And dont worry, only proper riders ride hardtails. This full suspension idea.. it will never catch on.