Trails around Buxton area.

BurtonM
BurtonM Posts: 425
edited July 2009 in Routes
Going to peak district in two weeks for a week of mountain biking and would like somebody to link or describe me the trails around buxton. I am looking for red/black trails around the area please
yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

Comments

• Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    I live in taddington which is 10 minutes from Buxton there are no man made trails but if you pick up http://www.amazon.com/White-Peak-Mounta ... 793&sr=8-1

Or theres some nice trails around hope valley go to 18 bikes and they can sort you out a route and they are nice guys
  • BurtonM
    much apreciated. i dont mind travelling around the peak district for trails so is there any good ones worth mentioning around?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • mikey0303
    mikey0303 Posts: 134
    are you staying in our sunny little town then?
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • Tank-slapper
    Tank-slapper Posts: 968
    Buy the White Peak and Dark Peak maps (OL1 and OL24) and design your own trails. There is plenty to keep you occupied. The books mentioned above give descriptions of what is available and will help.

Head south of Bucko and do some of the trails written about in the link in my signature.
  • im on holiday in the white peaks next week, anyone up for a ride?

mick.
    Cinelli saetta
    Giant talon 29er
    Dolan e'tape
    Gt zaskar

mick.
    Cinelli saetta
    Giant talon 29er
    Dolan e'tape
    Gt zaskar

mick.
    Cinelli saetta
    Giant talon 29er
    Dolan e'tape
    Gt zaskar
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    The classic rides are more toward the dark peak, castleton, edale area taking in Jacobs Ladder and other classic dark peak routes. The book shorty mentioned is a good bet

I live in Litton Mill (approx 6 miles east of Buxton) and would be happy for you to join up with me and do my normal loop.
  • BurtonM
    i think im going to buy this book actually. is it red/black rated because i want to take my new commie up there but if its blue/green or whatever then ill take my hardtail?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    I would suggest you buy the book for the dark peak then as that has more of the classic loops which are more technically challenging and will give your new steed a good workout.

Rides around the White Peak require a bit more joining up via road sections, there are a couple of good loops taking in Eyam, Gt Longstone, Bakewell etc.

One thing you won't be short of is choice!!
  • BurtonM
    ahh thanks pal, i think i will target this dark peak area then, seems more my cup of tea.
    yeehaamcgee wrote: