A Thing of Beauty

rogerthecat
rogerthecat Posts: 669
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Still trying to find a way to justify to the wife about spending 3.5k on a Bike, the phrase “hey babe you know that I am not a professional Cyclist, however what do you think about this bike? Isn't she sweet”? Is just not the right pitch.

S2-EASTON-CIRCUIT_001.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Lovely bike so no sympathy :lol: . If you really want to rub it in, every time she ignores you, go out on it for 3 hour rides :twisted:
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    "Sweetheart, it's an entry-level bike. They ALL look like this."
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • rogerthecat
    rogerthecat Posts: 669
    Lol, I love it MMitchell88 :D
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Lie, tell her it cost £350. She'll never know unless she checks your bank statements.
    Justice for the 96
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Everyone gets cervelos, for that money you could get a colnago!

You can't turn up to a sportive without tripping over 50 cervelos
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    I told my wife that I would gladly trade her in for a Cervelo!

That bike remains in the realms of fantasy for me and Im sure it will stay that way.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    sorry, did someone say 'a thing of beauty'..?

all I can see is a mass-produced carbon frame in a rather dull black/red livery and a collection of off-the-shelf finishing kit.....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just get it, be a test of your marriage. I did the same thing, spent 3 grand on a litespeed and now me and Mrs dmclite are stronger than ever. 8)
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    dmclite wrote:
    Just get it, be a test of your marriage. I did the same thing, spent 3 grand on a litespeed and now me and Mrs dmclite are stronger than ever. 8)

...and she'll extract revenge at some point in the future, even if she agrees now...

(ouch! sorry dear, just getting the shopping now)
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    put aside £3.5K for the missus to spend on anything that takes her fancy..... :)
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    How much does it cost?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Jake151 wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    How much does it cost?

Read the top line of the first post! 3.5k if you don't want to scroll to the top ;)

He's not the brightest spark is he.....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    Jake151 wrote:
    blu3cat wrote:
    put aside £3.5K for the missus to spend on anything that takes her fancy..... :)

7k just for a bike! whoa, I am not looking forward to being married :roll:

No, £3.5k each for a shiny toy each of you want....
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    No I'm perfectly aware of that price, just thought that price tag and the bike in the pic cant be true, cant see why that'd be worth 3.5k with ultegra groupset on it.

I think it's a pretty ugly bike too.
    Jake151 wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    How much does it cost?

Read the top line of the first post! 3.5k if you don't want to scroll to the top ;)

He's not the brightest spark is he.....

:roll:
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    ...the cable to the rear derailleur looks a little on the long-side to me...
    ...maybe that's where the extra £3K went. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    1892 wrote:
    Lie, tell her it cost £350. She'll never know unless she checks your bank statements.

That works for me. Did you know that the Spec Langster is only £200 and you can get a Garmin 705 Edge (for my road bike, not the Langster) for about £150 :wink:

She keeps asking to see the card statements now :?
  • If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.
    - Admiral Grace Hopper

I wouldn't argue with her.

Grace_Hopper.jpg
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Rev\'d Gatlin, she lied about her rank to get you into bed son, she is only a Commander :lol: Sucker :wink:
  • Rev\'d Gatlin, she lied about her rank to get you into bed son, she is only a Commander :lol: Sucker :wink:

shock.jpg
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • adydow
    adydow Posts: 92
    www.relate.org.uk Just in case! :D
    Of course its about the bike! Although having the legs helps.