Schoolboy error

tarquin_foxglove
tarquin_foxglove Posts: 554
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Forgot I'd changed my routine by taking my suits home on Friday and so failed to bring one in today.

I've no meetings today so I'm stuck on the horns of a dilema, take a very early lunch ie 9:45am & nip back home and pick up a suit & get back to work; or put on clean shirt & tie, cycling shorts and brazen it out.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    Stay in your kit, helmet and all. When leaving your desk, hop on your invisible bicycle, and 'ride' to where you need to be.
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Had a chat with a colleague & they said brazen it out, so we'll see how that goes.

Quite taken by the idea of 'riding' round the office, I may even get sent home for a lie down by the Occupational Health gonk.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    How's it going so far?
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    :) Brilliant.

I assume there are no shops nearby that you can pop to even to buy yourself a pair of trousers?
  • I made a similar error last week when I forgot my trousers... There was no way I was going to prance about the office in lime green lycra all day, I would never have heard the end of it. I had to make a strategic dash to Uniqlo and buy a cheap pair of trousers.

You'd have thought I'd've learned my lesson but I am typing this "commando-stylee" as I managed to do the classic forgotten pants routine today.

Good on you for manning through though. Let us know how yo got on....
  • Roastie wrote:
    :) Brilliant.

I assume there are no shops nearby that you can pop to even to buy yourself a pair of trousers?

I thought about that but that would involve walking into town in 'smart' shoes, cycling shorts & a shirt. Would you tuck the shirt in or leave it hanging?

TBH once I'd got past the expected cat calls from certain colleagues, it hasn't been too bad.

Only 40 minutes to go & I can be properly attired again.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    You'd have thought I'd've learned my lesson but I am typing this "commando-stylee" as I managed to do the classic forgotten pants routine today.

Exhibitionist :wink:

I did the reverse last Monday, ended up brinf in a suite and also had one on the back of th chair !

The best one, is when you get the trousers and jacket out of sync :roll:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Don't you wear jeans, not suites?
  • jemjah
    jemjah Posts: 29
    ah, i have such amusing visions in my head!!! thank you for that!!!
  • You'd have thought I'd've learned my lesson but I am typing this "commando-stylee" as I managed to do the classic forgotten pants routine today.

me too...

its not the 1st time & i dont think it will be the last 8)
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Levi_501 wrote:

Exhibitionist :wink:

I did the reverse last Monday, ended up brinf in a suite and also had one on the back of th chair !

The best one, is when you get the trousers and jacket out of sync :roll:

What kind of rack do you have on your bike to bring in a suite??? :D

PBo
  • managed to do the classic forgotten pants routine today...

1 pair of emergency pants kept at office, if used bring in 2 pair the next day.

Simples
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    managed to do the classic forgotten pants routine today...

Simples

Now I've never seen the "problem" with forgetting pants/boxers etc as it's fairly easy to go commando, it's the forgetting of socks that I get annoyed with as going with the ankle length cycle socks or sans socks and everyone notices whereas going commando isn't so easy to spot ;-) Guess it's personal choice really........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    managed to do the classic forgotten pants routine today...

Simples

Now I've never seen the "problem" with forgetting pants/boxers etc as it's fairly easy to go commando, it's the forgetting of socks that I get annoyed with as going with the ankle length cycle socks or sans socks and everyone notices whereas going commando isn't so easy to spot ;-) Guess it's personal choice really........

like the old story about the Oxford dons caught skinnydipping...

Most tried to preserve their mopdesty with their hands. One went for anonymity, and covered his face....