How to ride airs rock, laggan wolftrax

BurtonM
BurtonM Posts: 425
edited July 2009 in Routes
I did this rock once and just went down no brakes, is there a specific way to do it? I dont want to brake incase the bike slides as the slab offers no grip whatsoever??
yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

Comments

• busta gonad
    busta gonad Posts: 162
    So what was the outcome you went over the bars and dented the ego and now you are fishing for top tips!!?? I did this a few weeks ago and was quite suprised by the angle on first aquaintance, you were correct it's a case of point and shoot, scrub your speed just as you enter, then just enjoy the ride, i guess you could feather the brakes a bit, brake hard once you hit the run out.

This seemed a lot steeper than the slab at Dalbeatie which is longer. Love these natural features.
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    My outcome was completely miss the right turn and head northbound into the grass. for the first time ever i was frightened to brake incase my wheel locked and i skidded. i had pads on it was the paintwork on my bike i was more worried about.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • AlasdairMc
    AlasdairMc Posts: 33
    I've done it four or five times without issue. Just keep the weight back and feather the back brake, and once you've got your line just commit to it without steering. If you feel a slide coming on, let go of the brake and you should get traction back.

It's not that slippy, it's possible to run back up it in places.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Sounds good advice.

I've edited my previous comments as I was getting mixed up with another route.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.