Do you drink alcohol?

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
It's full of calories, but it's yummy. I'm interested what other people do.
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Too much to be an athlete.
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • pottssteve
    mmitchell,

Are you related to the Mitchell of "That Mitchell and Webb Look" fame, by any chance?
    Steve

Would you class Paul Gascoine as an athelete...? :)
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    In answer to the OP, Yes I do.

Good stuff it is too, helps make sense of this cranky world at times. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    edited July 2009
    pottssteve wrote:
    mmitchell,

Are you related to the Mitchell of "That Mitchell and Webb Look" fame, by any chance?
    Steve

Would you class Paul Gascoine as an athelete...? :)

Well, as you may (EDIT: or may not, of course) have spotted...I once claimed somewhere on here that David Mitchell was my brother, and then I felt I had to maintain the pretence to neutralise someone's :roll: response.

I don't think we're related, but you never know. I'd like to be. It would be great to be his friend, and then people would naturally assume we were related. And then we'd have to tell people it's actually a common mistake and that we only share the same surname by coincidence. Thus, simply by knowing me, David Mitchell would have an instant anecdote.

Oh, 21.5km to go. Back to the other thread...
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    With "every day" I'm off your scale... whoops..
  • pottssteve
    mmitchell,

If it will help as an anecdote, I'm probably related to Paul Potts as most of the Potts clan come from the S. Manchester area. There you go, I'm not related to anyone famous either... :)
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I am teetotal. Have been since I was 21 (..so 11 years) :)
  • Steve928
    Steve928 Posts: 314
    Why do you have 'Once or twice a week' as the highest level..?
  • bilabonic
    bilabonic Posts: 299
    Not since i got out of Rehab in March :o
    Specialized Epic FSR Carbon Comp
  • pottssteve
    Steve,
    I did have once a day as an option, but it's not shown up for some reason...
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Twice a week, but I perhaps ought to spread it out over more days.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    pottssteve wrote:
    mmitchell,

If it will help as an anecdote, I'm probably related to Paul Potts as most of the Potts clan come from the S. Manchester area. There you go, I'm not related to anyone famous either... :)
    Given your location, is it a good idea to claim you're related to 'Pol Pot'. :wink:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    I do. But, I want to stop. :( Really not a fan of hangovers. :cry:
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Stopped because I was sick of the morning after, could never stop @ just 1, then spent the next morning with my head down the loo. :oops:
    Justice for the 96
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    I drink maybe a couple of times a week.
    But by drink I mean 1 or 2 pints at a time...

Every now and then (maybe once a month) I'll have a proper drink and get sh!tfaced. :D
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I can't remember the last time I had a beer.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Crapaud
    I can't remember the last time I had a beer.
    I can't remember most of the last week the last time I had a beer.

There's no option for 'used to drink, don't now' so I haven't voted.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • pantsani
    pantsani Posts: 114
    I am out once in the week and maybe have a couple of glasses of wine a night on the weekend with some nice food, now and again it will be a skinful on a large social occasion, but mostly just a a couple of drinks and I'm done. I enjoy it far too much to cut it out completely though.
  • pugwashcp
    pugwashcp Posts: 120
    Sometimes pick up half a dozen beers with the weekly shop and neck them over a fortnight or so. Treated myself to a couple of cases at christmas and finished the last one at a bbq we had in June. Very rarely go to the pub and when I do it's usually just a quick pint with the father-in-law.

I do however have a nice collection of single malts.......but I don't think a wee dram every now and then counts as drinking. :D
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I drink a can a month. I'm not much of a drinker really.
  • Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    White Line wrote:

16 years sober......there's only so many times you can wake up in the boot of your car..... :D
  • Crapaud
    Angus444 wrote:
    White Line wrote:

16 years sober......there's only so many times you can wake up in the boot of your car..... :D
    Or under a bush covered in frost...

12 years for me.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I hate getting drunk cos the alcohol just goes straight to my stomach rather than anywhere near my head, so after 5 or 6 drinks I can feel my stomach turning and I'm still stone cold sober. :?
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    I always get a few cans in at big shop.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • pottssteve
    Crapaud wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    mmitchell,

Given your location, is it a good idea to claim you're related to 'Pol Pot'. :wink:

Crapaud,
    Close, but no cigar. Cambodia's a 3 hour flight away - same as the trip from London to N. Africa!

My wife visited Cambodia and couldn't bring herself to go into the killing fields history museum. There were, apparently, people in tears before they even went in :cry:
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    pottssteve wrote:
    It's full of calories, but it's yummy.

Depends on the variety. Some are much yummier than others, at which point cue contributions from the real ale buffs [1] (me included!), single malt fans, wine experts, etc., etc. :wink:

David

[1] Speaking of which, off to Yorkshire for a few days in a couple of weeks, which ought to see my geographically-enforced [2] Timothy Taylor/York Brewery/Black Sheep drought temporarily ended. :wink:
    [2] It's not the same in bottles from Sainsbury's :(
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • alex16zx
    alex16zx Posts: 153
    I'm a student. 'nuff said :P
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    And then we'd have to tell people it's actually a common mistake

Or as the man himself would put it, "oh, and that's a bad miss...." :wink:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Where is the "Fick yeah I love beer me" option? I love having a beer or 2 while watching Sport or in the Sun, or on Friday after work :lol: . Surprised I didnt get smashed over the weekend then, The Open, The Ashes, Le Tour, Moto GP, Amir Khan Boxing. Im sure I have missed something else out too. Dont get drunk anymore though, just a couple and thats enough for me.
  • AMcD
    AMcD Posts: 236
    Thankfully alcohol is something I never have to think about - can go months without it and only like fizzy, sweet stuff anyway - no dry white for me :lol: .

Wish I had such a dislike for chocolate and cheese :roll: .