208 max

dod 1
dod 1 Posts: 34
I did some hill training today picked the biggest hill in my area and went up and down it twice i had a heart rate monitor on and it said my max was 208 am 44 years old so do you think this is possible

Comments

• kozzo
    kozzo Posts: 182
    39 yrs 204 max ever recorded (during the race)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    kozzo wrote:
    39 yrs 204 max ever recorded (during the race)

Not any more!
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Occasionally HRMs can pick up interference from pylons and stuff. Came in from a ride the other day to see my max HR at one point had been 227, ya i think not :D

Still ya never know, try flying up the hill again as hard as you can a couple of times and keep an eye on your HR.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    dod 1 wrote:
    I did some hill training today picked the biggest hill in my area and went up and down it twice i had a heart rate monitor on and it said my max was 208 am 44 years old so do you think this is possible
    Yes. Not quite as high as yours, but I hit 198 bpm on a 25% climb when I was 42 years of age. I must confess that it made me think that I was perhaps pushing myself a bit too hard! :shock:
  • dod 1 wrote:
    Well if it happened, then it is more than possible.

Whether or not your heart was actually beating at that rate though, who knows?

It is possible for someone of that age to have that HR. Yes.
  • I think heart rates like that are possible, but I doubt you do them and not notice it at the time. The effort to get to those rates would probably be followed by a period consisting mainly of trying not to be sick!!!
  • unless you went into AF in which case your HR would be less than that of your monitor. But I doubt very much that happened.

When I was doing my running training for the Manchester Bupa 10k earlier this year I would run at a constant 180bpm and on my sprints reach 210. I checked them manually and it was correct. I'm 37 so your not that much older than me. I've never got that high on't bike yet though when I've had my HRM on.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?