Looking for a 1st time trip.

Jord.Glover
Jord.Glover Posts: 2
edited July 2009 in Tour & expedition
Hi there, 1st time postyer on the site.

i have been looking around for a suitable cycling trip for a number of weeks now, however i cant pick what i want to do. I am looking for a trip lasting from 4-10 days within the UK. I am thinking about doing the trip on my own unless i can find someone willing to come with me :P I have a good standard of fitness as i am currently in training for the armed forces and i am planning on doing this trip as a holiday for myself and to raise money for "helpforheroes" - ( http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/index.h ... 4wodt0V9DA ) after a good friend of mine was wounded seriously on the battlefield.

Any help on deciding on a route, and any more information would be much appreciated. If its any help at all i am Located In Shropshire, West Midlands, UK.

Many Thanks in advance for any information you can pass on to me.

Many Regards.

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Jord

Have you looked at routes like the Hadrian's Wall circuit, C2C, Coast and Castles, Lon Las Cymru? The Sustrans website is well worth checking out as there are a number of routes on the National cycle Network.
  • on or off road? camping or B&B/hostelling - obviously amount of kit varies hugely so this impacts on daily distance.
    If you start from home then that's one less day wasted travelling to start of holiday. In 10 days you could do a decent tour of wales - head to snowdonia/cambrian mountains/brecons etc. Draw a rough line around the edge of Wales - see what that does for you - might even be able to make a circular route which finishes back at home. Or if you have friends who live a suitable distance away you could cycle to theirs then get the train home.
  • I can thoroughly recommend the Lon Las Cymru. I have done it both directions and it is well signposted throughout and takes you through some lovely scenery. Plenty of places to stay whether it be B and B or camping. Get the Sustrans maps and book (Sustrans do a pack) and go.