If you were to make a historical cycling documentary....

moonio
moonio Posts: 802
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
What would it include?
I work for a footage archive which contains the history of the world from the 1890's onwards.
Recently I've been researching cycling stories for a compilation and thought it would be great to make a documentary with some of the images which include, inventions, design, fashion, racing, safety etc etc
If the forum were to produce a documentary film made up entirely of archive footage what would you like to see included in it?

Comments

• mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    The footage of me overtaking several club riders on Highgate Hill West last weekend on my S/S while wearing a polo shirt and board shorts on my way back from my mates BBQ.

:lol:
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Merckx's 1972 hour record
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Oh yes we have that, not the record itself but when he returned to Belgium

'Eddy Merckx, 27, was besieged by a crowed of reporters on his return from setting a record which cycling experts say ranks with the greatest cycling feats of all time.'
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    The bike race episode from Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • A really early trials competition, where you won by doing little more than riding in a straight line. What with the neon lycra and rather unimpressive 'skillz' on display, you could play that 'rump-de-pump-rump-de-pump' tuba music they play when fat people walk for a more lighthearted moment in the film.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Have you got that Superstars clip where Kevin Keegan wipes out?
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Early trade unionists on bikes in flatcaps. 8)