Cannondale F6 stolen in Grimsby-£100 reward

King Orry
King Orry Posts: 5
edited December 2009 in MTB stolen
My sons six month old Cannondale F6 was taken from Scartho Grimsby on Tuesday 7th July2009 at about 10pm.
I'm pretty sure it's the only one in town but I have the frame number should anyone wish to know it.

Lightning White & Navy Blue
24 speed Shimano Alivio gears. RockShock Dart2 forks.
Avid Juicy3 Hydraulic Disc Brakes. Tioga Seat.
Black CrudCatcher front & rear mudguards.
CatEye Enduro 8 cycle computer.
Seat bag/pouch. Bottle cage. Silver pump. Toe clips.
Front & rear light brackets. CST Caballero tyres.

It was like new, a replacement for his Claud Butler D24 which was stolen from the Grimsby Institute last November.!
He was looking forward to BicycleMania5 too.. :x

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Have you had a look around the second-hand shops in the area yet, especially the ones down Grimsby road?

I 'm a local and also own a Cannondale hardtail, there's not many about (I don't recall seeing any around here), I'll keep a look-out.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • King Orry
    King Orry Posts: 5
    Hello, thanks for that Rob.
    We've been around most of the tat shops in town and given them each a leaflet, also posted a few in corner shops, chip shops etc, I doubt it'll still be in one piece or even the same colour to be honest but there you go.
    I also emailed the story to the Grimsby Telegraph and they've carried it on page 3 tonight (Friday) so that's good publicity too.

My boy's 17 and plays 'hooker' for Grimsby Colts Rugby team.. he's quite keen to 'have a 'chat' with the culprit himself..

I think they'd most probably be quite sorry afterwards.! :lol:

Cheers, Mick.
  • Has the boy responsible has come back for more..?

Last night I caught a boy (17) after my pir alarm announced someone was in my garden..
    I looked out of my door & saw him climbing out over my garden fence. My son and I chased and found him hiding in bushes nearby.
    He claimed he was hiding from 'two black guys who were after him'.!

This was the same boy a friend had seen looking over my garden fence a couple of days earlier.
    Called the police but as ever without clear proof of a crime there was little they could do.
    My son found out today via facebook that this boy had sold my sons Cannondale F6 for 'a bag of weed'..

Again obviously without clear proof..no eveidence, one persons word over another etc, there's little police can do.
    My son had been at school with this boy.
    The overwhelming desire to beat the living s*** out of him was resisted as no doubt I'd have ended up with a criminal record..
    They simply don't give a toss do they..what can I say that hasn't already been said.
    Anyone else in Grimsby lost anything lately..? I have the culprits name.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Have you emailed or been to the bike shops in the area? (Cooks, Velosport, Elsfal, Halfords, Ettridge...) give them a poster & description of the bike and if it comes in for a service or something ask them to ring you.

I did this when I lost an Orange 5 just over a year ago (8/9/08 ), it was targeted as it was the only bike out of 4 that went AWOL. It's still MIA.

I'll keep my eye out for the 'Dale, you got any pics of it?
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg