Co-pilot limo child seat

qwertypip
qwertypip Posts: 2
I am thinking about buying one of these to take my 14 onth old along on rides with me, however whilst researching them i noticed the following......... fits securely onto versatile and top quality Blackburn EX1 rack - included and fits all adult bikes with rack mounts.......my question is, what are these mounts? and is my Giant xtc3 ('04) likely have them fitted.

I cant seem to find a fitting guide anywhere, any help would be greatly appreicated...................QP
Life: it\'s not what I thought it was

Comments

• weirdyboy
    weirdyboy Posts: 5
    I have one of these. Should be noted that the Blackburn EX1 doesn't fit bikes with disc brakes. The EX1 is also designed for 700cc wheels so you may need a bit of modification to get it to fit level .
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    Try a Hamax Siesta instead. No rack (or mounts required).

I've had the Limo and the Siesta and the latter is far superior not to mention much cheaper.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • ajoten
    ajoten Posts: 321
    weirdyboy wrote:
    ...Should be noted that the Blackburn EX1 doesn't fit bikes with disc brakes...

Has anyone ever found a cunning solution to this problem? Can the "legs" bend enough to get some kind of extension thing in?

I was extremely annoyed when I discovered this. Bought the bike with the main purpose of it being a "family bike" and noone in the shop pointed out this shortcoming. Stupid waste of money in the end.
    Андрю
    Alu is real.