Lance in yellow by end of today

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Yaay ...............er...... umm........... booooo
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I don't think today will bother Chinny
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    Cancellera is 7kgs lighter now and a GC contender no less(!), I dont think he will get dropped on those final few KMs
    Mañana
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    little kick off the front in the last few 100meters perhaps...no?
    good pr and realistically could be his only chance
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I just thought the same thing and wrote about it on today's spoiler thread. It's worth a try but a move like this would be very obvious, especially since all the GC riders will be keen not to let gaps open up in case they lose a few soft seconds from a slack moment.

But it probably represents Armstrong's last chance for yellow - unless he's got his Ferrari legs - so you'd imagine he gives it a go.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Not today, but I think tomorrow will suit LA. The final climb suits the heavier more powerful riders over the mountain goats.

... could also suit Canc?

Today will be for sprinters, but not necessarily ones like Cav.
    Pozzato, Friere etc, although at 20/1 I've still had a punt on Cav.
    exercise.png
  • Kléber wrote:
    I just thought the same thing and wrote about it on today's spoiler thread. It's worth a try but a move like this would be very obvious, especially since all the GC riders will be keen not to let gaps open up in case they lose a few soft seconds from a slack moment.

But it probably represents Armstrong's last chance for yellow - unless he's got his Ferrari legs - so you'd imagine he gives it a go.

Lance never goes to work without them.
    Dan
  • Earthbound
    Earthbound Posts: 109
    josame wrote:
    little kick off the front in the last few 100meters perhaps...no?
    good pr and realistically could be his only chance

I'd like to see ANYONE ride Cancellara of their wheel on a relatively flat run in. Cancellera wrode the whole peloton of his wheel yesterday.