Carrera Vanquish

Steve_b77
Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
As the Airlite 400 I was going to buy is no longer available (the frame was dented when the bike shop took it out of the box to build it) and my budget is down to £500 :(

I've had a look at the carrera vanquish in Halfords Sale, names don't bother me as I know it's a cheap bike.

It's got a decent spec on it, carbon fork that'll take guards, Tiagra Shifters, Sora 9 speed mechs.

Any opinions on these, it's to be used as a commuter with evening & some weekend rides in London Village

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I like it - its a good value bike. I nearly bought one as the basis for a winter trainer while ago. Notwithstanding the 'Halfords factor' it is probably one of the best value bikes out there at the moment...
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    softlad wrote:
    I like it - its a good value bike. I nearly bought one as the basis for a winter trainer while ago. Notwithstanding the 'Halfords factor' it is probably one of the best value bikes out there at the moment...

Excellent news, and I can get guards on it too :D

Only thing is the size, I'm 5'11" with a 32.5" inside leg, do I go for the 54 and maybe fit a shorter stem or a 51 and a longer stem - the 54 felt a fraction too long, but I was in smart trousers adn work shoes :lol: