Specialized Tarmac - owners' advise request

kozzo
kozzo Posts: 182
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
I'm between size 52 and 54 Specialized Tarmac Comp frameset.
I'm 174 cm and 80 cm inseam.

Can I have owners' opinions about frame size?

Thanks,

Comments

• tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    Have you sat on either a 52 or a 54?

If your in between frame sizes other things come into play and those things tend to be more of a personal preference and riding style, some people may go with a 52 others the 54

In short, go and try and see what you fell more comfortable with
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Thought I would want a 56 based on the charts but found the 54 a far better fit
    You really do need to sit on one and have somebody check it out
  • kozzo
    Thanks

I wanted to know what others decided being between two sizes with this model
    and if it was good choice after riding
  • I agree with the try them out tactic - I am exactly the same measurements in height and inside leg and the only answer for me is to go and get on the bike and see which you prefer out of the sizes.
  • kozzo
    OK but I just want to know if for this frame owners went size down or up.

I will try it anyway, it obvious.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I have a 58 and that is mainly due to the fact I have a long back. I thought I would be a 56 based on other rides I had tried and what I though might be right, then I paid to have myself properly measured and hence got a 58 and I have to say it is extremely comforatble to ride as such.
    If you are that uncertain I would definately go and get BG fitted if you can, that should put to bed your problem :D
    Hope that helps
  • I'm 5'6" which is right between a 52 and a 54cm, after trying both I got the 54, that was for a roubaix rather than a tarmac, but as everyone says the only way is to try both.