ooo errr...what a stonkin pair

trekhead
trekhead Posts: 626
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
I know, I know, this is probably the wrong place for this and I know someone somewhere will moan, but don`t give me too much grief. I feel like a proud father again.
district009.jpg
district005.jpg
district004.jpg
ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja

Comments

• I love 'ole ginger minge' she's a good lookin gal !

Cute lightweight that has a great ratio for speed, strangely quiet and very well finished too.

A wicked partner for 'ole ginger b*ll*cks'

Can't wait to see their offspring once they get properly acquainted, lol.
  • chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    Stunning pair of bikes!
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    yes, 2 beautiful bikes!

Awesome wheels on both 8)

How light is 'ginger minge'?
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Aye you've nailed it there sonny jim.....
  • trekhead
    si
    I haven`t weighed it and Trek don`t `do` weights, but people are saying that they weigh in at about 20lbs. Info can be found here
    http://trekdistrict.com/
  • giner1961
    giner1961 Posts: 135
    I would treat those seats in your garden, try some Danish oil.
  • trekhead
    They`re only 12 months old and they weren`t cheap either. More quality made in England crap
  • Si78
    trekhead wrote:
    si
    I haven`t weighed it and Trek don`t `do` weights, but people are saying that they weigh in at about 20lbs. Info can be found here

Cool, interesting link.
    Really is a nice looking bike, and not as expensive as it looks. Was surprised.

How do you find the belt drive?
  • trekhead
    Si
    I haven`t had the chance to give it a good run yet, did a few miles on it last night but will have a decent spin this afternoon. The belt seems fine though, I didn`t really know what to expect. The belt is rock hard to touch, you can`t dig you nail into it, yet it`s really flexible side to side and the teeth fit into the sprockets perfectly like ther`re `one piece`.It`s tight with no give or `snatch` in it at all, super smooth and completely silent. Hence i`ve named this bike `The Ginger Ninja`.
    The bike is amazing at £600.00 inc. VAT, although I got mine discounted, don`t pay retail prices for anything. I can`t tell you how well it`s finished and the attention to detail is awesome, which is something I am a stickler for. If you get the chance, have a spin on one, you`ll be amazed how light, nimble and fast it is. For sure I`ll be putting straight flat bars on it and flipping the stem over, and orange pedals can`t arrive quick enough.
    Now I`ve just got to learn to ride it without this stupid grin on my face - lol
    cheers
    district016.jpg
    district017.jpg
  • MarvinK
    MarvinK Posts: 2
    I don't know about the brown bike and bright red wheels... they sure would've looked nice on the black & red Fuel EX though.
  • trekhead
    Marvin
    the EX isn`t as brown in the flesh as it looks in the photos and the wheels are orange
    seatpost007.jpg
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Are they alligator rotors?

Any good?
  • chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    Didn't even notice that was a belt drive system...

Is it possible to get different belt cogs and change the gear ratio as it is with a normal chain singlespeed or are the parts too hard to come by?

Looks pretty slick anyway.
  • trekhead
    yeah they`re very good. Haven`t had a problem with them, don`t seem to fade when hot or anything. Slight prob on the front but that more the caliper not the disc. I`ve never known such `tempremental` brakes as Avids. WTF?
  • trekhead
    not too sure what`s available at the moment. I know delivery of these bikes was delayed while Gates had to resolve some problems with the belts. Some folk are talking about changes to the gearing while others are saying that they soon seem to change their riding to suit. Check this blog site if you can be arsed

cheers
  • Si78
    I'm seriously interested in the belt drive. Very intriguing!

Keep us posted on how you get on with it!

Would love to have one mate, looks stunning. Pure and light.
    Dunno if my thighs and lungs could cope with single speed tho lol

Enjoy yourself pal. Mind you I doubt you will be able to go far...Will be hard to get thru the admiring crowd! 8)
  • trekhead
    Don`t give me any stick, cos I know I shouldn`t be talking about this bike in here, but.....
    this is an amazing bike. It is so responsive to the pedals you get up to speed in no time at all. I`m getting used to the gearing now. 23 MPH on the flat yesterday, spinning like crazy but I felt there was still a way to go before spinning out.

Si
    I thought a SS would be really hard work and a pure lung buster, but this is just so easy to ride and I`m nowhere near fit, I`ve only been riding for ten months.

I`ve fitted a brooks sadle and flipped the stem for a more aggresive feel.

I seriously urge you to ride one, I`ll put money on it that you`ll like it and want one.

Now I promise not to mention this bike in this section again - lol
    ciao ciao

district032.jpg

district033.jpg
    minor update: pedals/cables etc.
    pedals003.jpg
    sorry