1 year done

Oddjob62
Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
And with that... my first year of commuting is over. Wow it's flown by. I can still remember pretty much every detail of walking into Cycle Surgery Camden a year ago (receipt says 03/07/08 so exactly a year) and picking out a Spec Globe Sport. Yup i started with a hybrid :oops: but i thought it would be the most "middle of the road" (pardon the pun) bike. Decent on roads, reasonable on rough bits, easily able to play with panniers, etc, but not so expensive that i would feel too guilty if i decided that cyling wasn't my thang. Funnily enough the old girl is moving on to pastures new on Sunday as, after sitting in the corner for the last 5 months, i am selling her to a friend of mine.

Well that was a few thousand miles, 3 bike frames (not broken just "not for me"), 3 stone in bodyweight, 5 inches on the waist and 365 days ago. Roll on year 2 :D
As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)

Comments

• Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    And with that... my first year of commuting is over. Wow it's flown by. I can still remember pretty much every detail of walking into Cycle Surgery Camden a year ago (receipt says 03/07/08 so exactly a year) and picking out a Spec Globe Sport. Yup i started with a hybrid :oops: but i thought it would be the most "middle of the road" (pardon the pun) bike. Decent on roads, reasonable on rough bits, easily able to play with panniers, etc, but not so expensive that i would feel too guilty if i decided that cyling wasn't my thang. Funnily enough the old girl is moving on to pastures new on Sunday as, after sitting in the corner for the last 5 months, i am selling her to a friend of mine.

Well that was a few thousand miles, 3 bike frames (not broken just "not for me"), 3 stone in bodyweight, 5 inches on the waist and 365 days ago. Roll on year 2 :D

Well done OJ. In about 4 years of commuting I've erm lost er, well not actually lost, just stayed the same weight. At least all my suits still fit :oops:
  • agv457
    agv457 Posts: 32
    +1

Ill probably be writing the same in a years time.... moving from hybrid, losing weight....

3 stone is great. Ive been using a bike for about 2.5 months and i must have lost approx. 1st, another 2 to go..... and if i hadnt been buying tons of ice cream on my way home the whole time be there now! :roll:
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Gratz !!

Well done matey :D:D:D:D

I have just done over a year of commuting myself and i have lost maybe 1/2 stone although i am still in the same size trousers , maybe i have just lost the "handles " ............
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Congratulations on completing your first year :D , although for that crack re the hybrid I really should wish for it to rain on you alone for the next 3 days :roll:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Congrats - I've still got three months to go to my first year - lost about an inch round my waist though 8)
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Congratulations on completing your first year :D , although for that crack re the hybrid I really should wish for it to rain on you alone for the next 3 days :roll:

Wanda - you're not some kind of witch are you ? I love my hybrid, I love my hybrid, I love my hybrid.............. :wink:
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Cheers guys/gals
    Cafewanda wrote:
    although for that crack re the hybrid I really should wish for it to rain on you alone for the next 3 days :roll:

Wouldn't mind... this heat is killing me. Some nice rain rides would be nice :p
    agv457 wrote:
    Ill probably be writing the same in a years time.... moving from hybrid, losing weight....

Yeah... *checks he's out of range of Cafewanda's pitchfork* hybrids are like the adult version of a bike with stabilizers *runs for cover* :p
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda wrote:

Wanda - you're not some kind of witch are you ? I love my hybrid, I love my hybrid, I love my hybrid.............. :wink:

Nah, I'm an angel really although I understand Feltup is the resident evil genie. He has powers you wouldn't believe :twisted: :D

I'm only riled when hybrids are under attack :evil:
  • Cafewanda
    Oddjob, don't chance your arm mate. I'll be having words with Feltup to see what hex he can put on you if you don't behave :twisted:
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Good job :)

I've still got another err.. 9.5 months to get there, but I will :)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yep, good effort. Commuting by bike's just great, isn't it? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."