leamington spa - organised rides mid week and weekends

mitchd
mitchd Posts: 7
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
Hi im organising regular xc rides taking in stoneleigh, ryton, wappenbury, eathorpe, hunningham offchurch southam and other local areas , midweek and weekends if your interested please email - cakemtb@hotmail.co.uk- rides will be on wed or thurs sat or sun - some road due to the nature of the route but alot of xc, looking to encompass the kenilworth to warwick via the castle to castle bridal way to make a big loop at some point .riders of all abillitys and gender welcome , no lid no ride

Comments

• blakef111
    blakef111 Posts: 374
    emailed you
    :D
  • i'd be up for this, live in stratford and work in Leicester so will pass by on my way home. Let me know what you have planned.

Cheers,

Si
  • blakef111
    yeah we needed something around us, simon2names i'm in henley so if you need a ride buddy!
  • Email sent too :)
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Mailed, definitely interested :)
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    i'd be up for this, live in stratford and work in Leicester so will pass by on my way home. Let me know what you have planned.

Cheers,

Si

See started something here . . . .im in village outside of stratford....but work in stratford itself and always looking for some bike buddies..nothing too serious just exploring and hitting new/old trails and stuff...
    Got some grt ones myself out my way.....
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • blakef111
    Ride buddy available! xand-xand where are you? i've got nothing by me but getting to stratford is no problem drop me a line on blakef111@aol.com if you are interested, actually that goes for everybody, i need to get out and ride some more xc! so anyone interested let me know on the above email,
    blake
  • xand_xand
    will email you later mate....

im in a small village between stratford and evesham...so slightly wrong direction for you..but got car carrier also so no probs with me getting anywhere...

Ive got Bredon Hill not too fare away form me (25 mon dr) which is awsome to climb..absolutely knackering .. bordering on passing out halfway up, but the views at the top are stunning and you can imagine the blast down is pretty exhillerating too. Ive only done this once with a neighbour but cant wait to do it again........once we have some longer spell of dry weather.
    Also have a cracking little loop nr me about 1hr15mins over bridleways, through wood, uphill and wonhill whihc is a grt blast.
    My neighbour and I are hoping to get to cannock chase over next few weeks...of course open invitation.....Im pretty new to all this after giving up my expensive gym membership and hitting the grt outdoors...now really loving it.
    MY CUBE

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • blakef111
    your small village isn't anywhere near salford priors is it? xand_xand?
  • toasty
    I live just outside Leamington if anyone is that direction, out towards Harbury. I can often be found rolling around Burton Dassett hills in the evening, I've just started going to Leamington 4X track trying to learn to jump at lunch or at Cannock Chase most weekends.

I've done a few little loops around here, Ryton Pools, I still want to explore Edge Hill more in the sun, Centenary Way silliness. I need to get across to Warwick by the sound of it, I've heard a few people mention trails that direction.

I'm not about this weekend, I'm visiting my folks up norf and going biking with some mates in Dalby, unforunately I've totalled a spoke on Burton Dassett tonight somehow so I'm madly trying to find somewhere to fix it or a quick replacement wheel! Damn cheapy factory OEM wheelbuilds!
  • xand_xand
    blakef111 wrote:
    your small village isn't anywhere near salford priors is it? xand_xand?

mate thats just plane scary!
    MY CUBE

• blakef111
    mybest mate lives there really easy to get to you and i bet he'l be up for a ride as well!
  • xand_xand
    blakef111 wrote:
    mybest mate lives there really easy to get to you and i bet he'l be up for a ride as well!

Sounds grt - my 2 x neighbours are well into it too (well one certainly is) and is arranging to go to cannock chase next few weeks ...... so we could hook up somehting..be cool
    MY CUBE

• blakef111
    are you in salford itself?
  • xand_xand
    yep
    MY CUBE

• blakef111
    ever seen a lad out on a big Downhill bike? bit scruffy looking (bike)
  • james2730
    james2730 Posts: 13
    just emailed mate.
  • the weather is meant to be beautiful this weekend, anyone up for a ride? let me know, i'll be going out regardless, but will be good to have some company!

Cheers,

Si
  • toasty
    Shame this never took off :(
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    We are harbury way too and so could get to burton dassett easily. Also want to find some of the stuff around edge hill too.

Let us know if anyone is going over there. We are away in Wales this weekend, cwmcarn, afan and brechfa hopefully, but otherwise usually about with a bit of notice!
  • kazzie
    kazzie Posts: 23
    Im in Rugby so not far away at all. I'd be up for meetin up and going riding. I always get more motivation when havin a few riding buddies. Just drop us an email kaz_575@hotmail.com

Im just doing the old essentials on the bike before heading off to Cannock. Should be good in the rain....
  • xand_xand
    Shame these things never take off....lots of local peeps all saying they live within easy reach of each other but nothing ever happens...
    Im just outside stratford upon avon, can easily commute about with my car and bike rack im in my 30's (early 30's) and love trekking about on trails and bridlepaths etc....

Ive not got the best MTB in the world and im not the fittest but i recently got into MTBing and really enjoy it..though its more knackering than i ever imagined it would be.....

Id happily meets up with any of you guys and try out some of your routes...i have afew good ones of my own too!

So if someone wants to arrange something do post on here and maybe we can all make some new buddies and buddettes of course...life is short!
    MY CUBE

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I too am in Leamington and have an enthusiastic daughter who would love to do some rides...am justing starting out again myself having not really ridden for 20 years!

Where is this 4X track mentioned, my daughter rides a track somewhere near new Cubbington/Lillington, (not been there) is that it?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dusty Dan
    Dusty Dan Posts: 28
    Yer, I might be tempted to join you lot, Let me know where and when, I live NR Southam... Dan.

PS,Simon2n; where you been, long time M8.... You out this weekend...?
    Hi all, new to the forum, I live in Stockton (Warwickshire) and even though I have a few riding buddies I am always looking for other people to go out riding with or even talking " nuts & bolts" guys or girls!!!...
  • Dusty Dan
    Dusty Dan Posts: 28
    hi all,,,,

Might be worth you lot visiting our club at; midland-mountainbikers.co.uk
    Hi all, new to the forum, I live in Stockton (Warwickshire) and even though I have a few riding buddies I am always looking for other people to go out riding with or even talking " nuts & bolts" guys or girls!!!...
  • iCharlie
    iCharlie Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I live in Leamington and have recently got into mountain biking again. I'd love to meet some like minded, similarly aged (20's - 30's) people to go out on the odd mid-week and weekend ride in the area.

This post seems to have been going for a while... with not much success. So with a bit of luck we can sort something out.

Cheers

Charlie
  • Boyjonnie
    Boyjonnie Posts: 1
    Hi All

Like to meet up with mountain bikers. I live just south of leamington in Kineton.

Hope to hear from you guys

Jonathan
  • blakef111
    met a very nice chap at leamington 4x yesterday called andy, had a very nice lloking trek, andy if your here hello!!
  • Hello there :D

Beginner mountain biker, female 39. No technique whatsoever but lots of enthusiasm.

Is anyone interested in a cycle one weekend? I'm in a village outside of leamington. No bike carrier yet, but where there's a will there's a way :-)

Jooles.