RPCC Ride - 4th & 5th July

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
WOOHOO, Tour de France time!! :lol:

Well I finish work for a little while after today (Tues) so I'm going to be doing some riding to and from Worthing this week so come Saturday I might be a little tired! No CCC efforts mind, just riding home to my folks THurs then riding back again Fri... Regardless, I'm going to stake my claim for the usual Saturday time and state my preference for a shorter spin of 80-100km so that I can be back in time to catch the Monaco Prologue action (although if it ends up being less or more on the distance then so be it). Once again, if anyone feels the need to nudge the start time a little closer to 8am then I'm open to the idea, but as you all know by now I'm likely to be a little bit late...! :roll: :oops:

So, for those of you coming to join us, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as earlier starts seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
As ever I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! Be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - Nick? Ryan? Lucy? You all still there?...!! :lol:

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I have to work this saturday. I am planning a solo trip to ranmore and box for sunday.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I wont be around - am in Paris this weekend avec la famille, though am back early sunday, so a ride is in the offing for me later Sunday. Have a good ride
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Social secretary dictates we go to Borough Markets this Saturday. Dyanamo park ride for me then.

No can do Sunday as will be helping out on the sign on desk and at the finish line for Dynamo at Staplefields.

Will be away the following weekend so see y'all in a fortnight.
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    Will be away the following weekend
    As will myself, Al, Mike & Wilf on the Devil Ride 8)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Weather dependent I will be taking on the South Downs Way -
    100miles from Winchester to Eastbourne...

on an MTB :P ...

in one day :shock: :twisted:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Weather dependent I will be taking on the South Downs Way -
    100miles from Winchester to Eastbourne...

on an MTB :P ...

in one day :shock: :twisted:

With me :shock:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Could be a pretty poor turnout this weekend - can't do Saturday or Sunday...

Enjoy though.
  • NWLondoner
    Looks like rich will be on a lone ride. At least noone to blame if if gets lost :wink:
  • Berns12
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Looks like rich will be on a lone ride. At least noone to blame if if gets lost :wink:

I could be tempted to do a direct to Box run on Saturday providing I am back at home by 11. Although that may mean a 7 or so start which may rule Mr Gearing out ;)
  • Mal-inger
    Mal-inger Posts: 15
    I'm out too. This weekend in Scotland and the following two in Provence.

Enjoy your riding and I'll see you fella's in a few weeks.
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    I could be tempted to do a direct to Box run on Saturday providing I am back at home by 11. Although that may mean a 7 or so start which may rule Mr Gearing out ;)
    Erm... yes, it would :roll: :lol:

Riding back to Worthing Thurs and back to London Fri this week anyway and got all of next week off so not fussed if I don't get many miles in at the weekend 8)
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I'll definitely be around Saturday.....need to be back for 1 though....I might just end up joining in on the dynamo chaingang in RP.....I'll let you know.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    I'm in for Saturday. 80-100km and back for the prologue is just what I'm after - any thoughts on a route?
  • Rich-Ti
    any thoughts on a route?
    SOmething that includes Winterfold I reckon... :wink: 8)
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    I'm in. Early start good pace?
  • thebongolian
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    I'm in. Early start good pace?

Looks like me, you, Rich and possibly voxegam - a small group should allow a good pace and I think we're similarly speedy

Could do an 8:30 start but suspect we may struggle to get Rich out for anything earlier :wink:
  • Rich-Ti
    Could do an 8:30 start but suspect we may struggle to get Rich out for anything earlier :wink:
    :oops: :lol:

We can go for an 8am start - I'll do my best!

Only potential issue is that I'll be doing Worthing to London tomorrow (Fri) and I'm not expecting to hit London until 5ish, so I might not be all that well recovered... Hmmm, we'll see :?
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Only potential issue is that I'll be doing Worthing to London tomorrow (Fri) and I'm not expecting to hit London until 5ish, so I might not be all that well recovered... Hmmm, we'll see :?
    Scratch that - today was just too hot and my pedals are making some horrible noises so I've bailed on riding tomorrow now. Saturday should be a bit cooler and I hope to have sorted the pedal issue so count me in 8)

Still made it back inside 3.5hrs though - not bad for 97k at a 'leisurely' pace! :lol:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Bernsy,you have a PM mate,Chars :)

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Berns12
    Hope y'all will bring your wellies. Heavy rain forecasted in the arvo

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    Hope y'all will bring your wellies. Heavy rain forecasted in the arvo
    In the 'arvo' (damn Aussies... :wink::lol: ) I will be firmly planted in front of a TV screen in a venue of some description, preferably with a Guinness Extra Cold in my hand 8)
  • Esoteric80
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I will be firmly planted in front of a TV screen in a venue of some description, preferably with a Guinness Extra Cold in my hand 8)

Good call Rich, anyone know of any pubs showing the TDF?
  • Rich-Ti
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    anyone know of any pubs showing the TDF?
    Unlikely given that the Lions are on :roll:
  • NWLondoner
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I will be firmly planted in front of a TV screen in a venue of some description, preferably with a Guinness Extra Cold in my hand 8)

Good call Rich, anyone know of any pubs showing the TDF?

You REALLY want to walk into a pub wearing your cycling gear and asking to watch the TdF :shock:
  • thebongolian
    So still on for an 8 am start then?
  • Rich-Ti
    Well, the Prologue doesn't start til 4pm so I don't see what the rush is... :lol:
  • Esoteric80
    I'm good for 8am!
  • Rich-Ti
    Guys I need to chill in the morning - I'm gonna have a late start, probably just do some park laps or maybe just a run out to Box Hill and back. Sorry for the late notice, just cannot see me getting up at anything even approaching early tomorrow :roll: