Pump - which one and where?

Surf-Matt
Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
Fitted my Lezyne Alloy Drive (more MTBish) to the bottle mounts on the seat tube last night - it looks "wrong" on the down tube. It looks a bit clunky and is very close to the left crank arm.

What pump should I use (also got a Blackburn Airstik Carbon but it's a push on one - I find them annoying on prestas) and where should I mount it?

Is the Road/Pressure drive much slimmer/more compact than the Alloy drive (will buy over the 'net as no local dealers)? Would go for the smaller one if needed.

Like Lezynes because they are about the only ones that realise push on pumps snap valve cores on prestas- or they do with me anyway!

Comments

• djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    The road drive is brilliant, slim and does the job with ease. I can put up with having it on my cage mounts because it beats walking home :)

There's a pic on my blog below of a few lezyne pumps to give you a size guide.
  • Surf-Matt
    Cheers djb - might have to take the plunge. Got a Lezyne multitool too (the 19 function steel one) as well - I do like their kit!
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    No problem :wink:

I love some of their kit, especially the alloy pumps. I'm not a fan of the older seat packs but the new velcro ones are great.

The road drive is very slim and the telescopic extender makes pumping tyres easy , treat yourself :lol:
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I have a Topeak Road Morph mounted below the top tube, doesn't get in the way (looks a bit naff but was about the best place I could find for it :p ).
  • Surf-Matt
    nferr - got a load of cables under the top tube - and it's bent (on purpose!)

Mrs Matt just tried the bike out with the alloy drive - it doesn't get in the way at all. Might hang on for a bit but get a road drive soon!
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    No local Leyzne dealer Matt?

Clive Mitchell sells them.

The pressure drive is a great pump.

If you are free on Sunday, I riding past your place on way to Bissoe - fancy a 50 miler?
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Surf-Matt
    Mark -are they?! Oops! I have never spotted Lezyne at the shop. Will check it out. Alloy drive it fine for now though.

Not up to 50 miles yet - I'd die. Also got friends over all weekend - just for a change!