Oh bugger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich158
Rich158 Posts: 2,348
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
It looks like I'm going to be off the bike for the foreseeable future, so no DD for me this weekend :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Accordng to my physio I must have twisted awkwardly when I crashed at CP the other week, and it's affected my lower right lumbar region. Evidently this controls the nerve signals to the upper leg, which might explain why I haven't been able to feel my right glut since the weekend :shock: Seriously, you know when they keep testing your knee to try and get a reaction you know you've got problems. It looks like an intensive course of physio is in order.

FECK IT, FECK, FECK, FECKETY, FECK IT

I've been warned off the bike until told it's safe to get back on due to the prospect of more serious nerve damage, so igues this time I'll take notice of what I'm being told :wink:

Hopefully I'll be back for the SCR drink up, otherwise I'll be handing out drinks from the cafe and hurling abuse at all and sundry :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not being able to ride in this glorious weather is driving me nuts :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Big push on the stats leaderboard then, ooh it's like when Schumacher broke his legs :shock:

Get well soon BTW!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Damn, that sucks donkey balls. Blame Felt Up and his gypsy curse, I dread to think what might be in store for me over the next 48 hours.

HealTFU!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    did they give you any time frame? which ever way hope your well soon, though frankly i'm waiting for the weather to cool before heading out on a bike...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Ah, man. That's awful. Sounded a fairly innocuous crash too IIRC. Chin up, time for some bike-related retaill therapy?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Rich158
    Cheers guys, I refuse to be down :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No time frame as yet, it's a case of stop the spasm's in the back, release the muscles that are locked up in my thigh's and take it from there. Why does she always smile when she says she's going to release my quads, bloody sadist, it's a world of pain :shock: :shock: :shock:

I put it down to my Wiggle curse, I've just got loads of energy drink, gels, and recovery drink ready to up my training and earn a few points to get up to Cat 3. It's not the first time I've had stuff from Wiggle only to be out soon afterwards :roll:

Yep JG it was a pretty ordinary crash, but I guess sometimes they can be the worse. Us old guys only have to think about falling the wrong way and the back goes :evil:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So...

you've got a great bike but can't ride it, and GB155 has no bike but WANTS to ride it....

hmmmm..... :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Rich158
    hhhmmmmm

I feel a complete strip down, clean, lube and polish comign on just to keep me occupied :lol::lol:

And yes I do mean the bikes :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    ...you could try the ice-cold lager and sun-lounger therapy? 8)
    (apologies to anyone stuck in an office right now, if you're reading this!)
    Cycling weakly
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Ahhhh nuts I've done it again. First LiT with her achiles and now you. I might have to quit the forum before I kill someone.

As has been said before HealTFU but make sure you do before pushing it. I can highly recommend McTimoney Chiros for sorting out of place spines etc much less intrusive than std chiros.

Now who shall I smite next? :twisted: Oh Bru........ nah I am not even going to type it in jest.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Rich158
    skyd0g wrote:
    ...you could try the ice-cold lager and sun-lounger therapy? 8)
    (apologies to anyone stuck in an office right now, if you're reading this!)

That's my weekend sorted then :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now I just need to train the dog to fetch me beer from the fridge

Revised FCN - 2
  • Feltup
    Rich158 wrote:
    hhhmmmmm

I feel a complete strip down, clean, lube and polish comign on just to keep me occupied :lol::lol:

I hate to say it but be careful with that as it involves a lot of bending and twisting to take bikes to bits.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Rich158
    Feltup wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    hhhmmmmm

I hate to say it but be careful with that as it involves a lot of bending and twisting to take bikes to bits.

That's what I've got kids for, and it might teach them a bit about bike maintenance in the process :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    Feltup wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    hhhmmmmm

That's what you've got the missus for. All those times she's asked you to teach her how to clean/fix her own bike. This is the perfect time. Tell her she can practice on yours and you'll guide her through it, every step of the way :lol:
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Rich158
    Feltup wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    hhhmmmmm

That's what you've got the missus for. All those times she's asked you to teach her how to clean/fix her own bike. This is the perfect time. Tell her she can practice on yours and you'll guide her through it, every step of the way :lol:

Unfortunately that's the one thing I don't have. At least I can conduct the full strip down and rebuild in front of the TV without fear of recriminations :lol::lol::lol:

Actually thinking about it, two empty rooms, two bikes...................................and no one to tell me not to do it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Feltup
    Rich158 wrote:
    Feltup wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    hhhmmmmm

That's what I've got kids for, and it might teach them a bit about bike maintenance in the process :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah they need to earn there keep especially as you are so selfless in taking them mtn biking when you obviously hate it so much :wink:

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I'm off my bike for a while as well after breaking a finger and two bones in my hand today (self inflicted after punching a wall...long story, but as a result of life dealing me another s****y hand)

Out for a couple weeks at least it seems.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Rich158
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll be seflessly be taking them this weekend as well, but only so I can chat up the girl in the tea hut :wink: Actually not being able to ride might be a bonus, now would I be unscrupulous enough to play up the injury in order to gain some sympathy :shock:

Of course I would :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Rich158
    NGale wrote:
    I'm off my bike for a while as well after breaking a finger and two bones in my hand today (self inflicted after punching a wall...long story, but as a result of life dealing me another s****y hand)

Out for a couple weeks at least it seems.

bad luck dude, hope it heals soon.

I had to deal with exactly the same injury with my youngest (not that he'll admit to it), 5/6 weeks off the bike sucks big time

Revised FCN - 2
  • Feltup
    Rich158 wrote:

I'll be seflessly be taking them this weekend as well, but only so I can chat up the girl in the tea hut :wink: Actually not being able to ride might be a bonus, now would I be unscrupulous enough to play up the injury in order to gain some sympathy :shock:

Mate you are a trouper!

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    Feltup wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

Mate you wear a toupee!

Sorry, but I read it like that :lol:
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Rich158
    Oi leave my loss of hair alone :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got a bit more than some on here I could mention :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    :( That is a teribble b&%£"*!d. I hope you get sorted soon.

I do feel your pain, my other sport is running ... and I've been out nearly 9 months now with a knee injury. :(
  • Rich158
    Roastie wrote:

I do feel your pain, my other sport is running ... and I've been out nearly 9 months now with a knee injury. :(

Cheers dude, I know how you feel with running, I had ages out last year with patella tendonitis, it still flairs up now occasionally but I just live with it.

Hopefully I won't be out for too long, luckily my physio knows it's pointless trying to keep me off the bike for too long and works arround that :lol::lol::lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Roastie
    Rich158 wrote:
    Roastie wrote:

Cheers dude, I know how you feel with running, I had ages out last year with patella tendonitis, it still flairs up now occasionally but I just live with it.

Hopefully I won't be out for too long, luckily my physio knows it's pointless trying to keep me off the bike for too long and works arround that :lol::lol::lol:
    Yeah, I'm sure if you keep up religiously with the exercises, stretches, etc., you'll be back in the saddle in no time.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Rich158 wrote:
    Oi leave my loss of hair alone :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got a bit more than some on here I could mention :wink:

most of it on your arse ;)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Rich158
    My arse is a picture of peachy smoothness :lol::lol:

It must be someone else your thinking of :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Mate that is bad news, you poor fecker! I hope you HTFU soon.

Really puts me off racing...
  • Feltup
    Could have been worse, could have damaged the bike.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Roastie
    Mate that is bad news, you poor fecker! I hope you HTFU soon.

Really puts me off racing...
    Nooooo!!!!

And if Rich had been nudged by an X5 driving, chain-smoking, mobile-chatting footballer's wife would you stop commuting?

M

T

F

U!