Heatwave...

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Sky news has got some woman in Bournemouth rambling on about how hot it is - 26 degrees, apparently. :roll:

Well, it's 26 degrees and 95% humidity here at the moment - and it's 9.41pm, AT NIGHT.
:shock:

Woosies.

So there. :lol:
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    I think you'll find that Sky News has run out of Jacko stories, and the Recession / MP's Expenses won't start again until 9am tomorrow morning.

We stream Sky News on the plasma screens at the office; it's amazing that as the quantity of news coverage has increases, the quality has taken a dive.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    pottssteve wrote:
    Sky news has got some woman in Bournemouth rambling on about how hot it is - 26 degrees, apparently. :roll:

Well, it's 26 degrees and 95% humidity here at the moment - and it's 9.41pm, AT NIGHT.

Woosies.

you could use your dork disc as a makeshift fan :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve wrote:

Woosies.

you could use your dork disc as a makeshift fan :D

Hi, Mr/Mrs/Ms Fupp,

If you'd been keeping up with the REAL NEWS instead of gawping ghoulishly at Michael Jackson's demise, you may have come across THIS thread:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12632497

As you can see, unfortunately, my dork disc is also now in a better place and thus is unable to render me the slightest breeze. :cry: I will be out on a longish ride tomorrow and will have to rely on my freakish turn of speed to generate sufficient windage in order to keep me cool.
    But thanks anyway for the tip. :wink:
    Steve
  • trickeyja
    trickeyja Posts: 202
    It's not even that hot! I'm still using two duvets at night.......... :roll:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    trickeyja wrote:
    It's not even that hot! I'm still using two duvets at night.......... :roll:

I cant get to sleep at night as its so humid :x
  • pottssteve
    Stewie,
    Well don't use two duvets then....

WEATHER UPDATE........WEATHER UPDATE.........WEATHER UPDATE.........

Current time: 6.45pm

Current temp: 30.1 degrees centigrade

RH: 71%

More weather later, meanwhile, over Ho Chi Min City there'll be a torrent of Earl Grey tea, lifting later.......
  • Stewie Griffin
    Pottssteve, Im not sleeping under 2 duvets. The 1 duvet on my bed was kicked off at about almost three this morning while I was still awake. Im so tired I forgot one of my passwords this morning and got locked out of the system, hello is that I.T? :oops:
  • pottssteve wrote:
    So when's it going to start getting hotter?
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    This weather rocks 8)
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Ha bloody ha!

or should I say Haar bloody haar!

We've been under half a mile of chilled sea fog for FIVE DAYS!

:evil: :evil:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    We stream Sky News on the plasma screens at the office;

sky news on plasma in the office..?? which PR company do you work for..? ;)
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I've booked a few days off 'cos the weather is so good.

The inside of a grinding booth is no place to be in weather like this.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pottssteve
    Jake151 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

Cor blimey it only just reached 30 degrees at mid-day over the past days...thats unreal how in the world do you cycle in that weather??

Jake,
    I tend to go out at about 6 in the morning (average temp only about 25 degrees!) and be home by about 9 at the very latest. This means I miss the worst of it. It's also the best time to ride in order to avoid all the blind, brain dead pr!cks driving on the roads here, most of whom seem to think that right of way is based on the size and cost of your vehicle. :evil:

Dag,
    It's due to get up to 32 today, yesterday it reached 33! :shock: CENTIGRADE!!! :D
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Pottssteve, Im not sleeping under 2 duvets. The 1 duvet on my bed was kicked off at about almost three this morning while I was still awake. Im so tired I forgot one of my passwords this morning and got locked out of the system, hello is that I.T? :oops:

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Yes I work in IT. WHAHAAHAHA!
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    hisoka wrote:

Are you sure that its plugged in?
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Novel experience cycling to work with sweat dripping off me at 6:30am, normally I can't feel all bits of my feet until I've been in the shower for 10 minutes.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I don't think it's hot hot yet and i don't think it's strictly a heatwave yet anyway.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I don't think it's hot hot yet and i don't think it's strictly a heatwave yet anyway.

It is strictly a heatwave.
  • Stewie Griffin
    scwxx77 wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

I tried punching it too, didnt make me remember my password. Its only 30 degrees, I can take the heat but I cant stand the humidity. I remember landing at Madrid "Good afternoon, welcome to Madrid, its 42 degrees" :shock: lovely dry heat 8)
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100

Its only 30 degrees, I can take the heat but I cant stand the humidity. I remember landing at Madrid "Good afternoon, welcome to Madrid, its 42 degrees" :shock: lovely dry heat 8)

Strap on a pair! :wink:

Just pretend you're riding in the tour on some epic - Landis esq breakaway when it gets too hot. 8)
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Stewie Griffin
    teagar wrote:

Its only 30 degrees, I can take the heat but I cant stand the humidity. I remember landing at Madrid "Good afternoon, welcome to Madrid, its 42 degrees" :shock: lovely dry heat 8)

Just pretend you're riding in the tour on some epic - Landis esq breakaway when it gets too hot. 8)

Landis esq breakaway? Landis esq breakaway? I rode the 4 miles to work this morning pal, cars beeping horns at me and people shouting Allez, Allez, or was it get the hell out of the way? :oops:
  • pottssteve
    scwxx77 wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

I tried punching it too, didnt make me remember my password. Its only 30 degrees, I can take the heat but I cant stand the humidity. I remember landing at Madrid "Good afternoon, welcome to Madrid, its 42 degrees" :shock: lovely dry heat 8)

Stewie,
    Agreed, it's the humidity that's a killer. Forecast for the weekend is 30 degrees and 95% humidity. :shock: I sweat like a pig in an abbatoir just getting my bib shorts on.....Still, I'll be out there... :D
  • Stewie Griffin
    pottssteve wrote:
    scwxx77 wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

Stewie,
    Agreed, it's the humidity that's a killer. Forecast for the weekend is 30 degrees and 95% humidity. :shock: I sweat like a pig in an abbatoir just getting my bib shorts on.....Still, I'll be out there... :D

95% humidity :shock: ? Be careful, you can drown in that. Its about 40% in London here now, it was worse yesterday, honest :twisted:
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    teagar wrote:

Landis esq breakaway? Landis esq breakaway? I rode the 4 miles to work this morning pal, cars beeping horns at me and people shouting Allez, Allez, or was it get the hell out of the way? :oops:

Sounds like a good Alpe d'huez crowd to me :wink::lol:

The weather does make everyone look like: :oops: though...
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • pottssteve
    Heatwave update update update,

How's the weather holding up in Blighty? Summer a distant memory yet?

It's due to get up to 33 degrees here by Thursday! However, there will be some relief as it will drop to a chilly 28 overnight! Humidity, as ever, like the inside of a fireman's Jockeys. Still, I have a plan to avoid it - I'm off to Malaysia where it's only 31 degrees today :lol:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I had armwarmers tights and a gilet on today, could have done with overshoes but I aint got none
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Stewie Griffin
    pottssteve wrote:
    Heatwave update update update,

How's the weather holding up in Blighty? Summer a distant memory yet?

It's due to get up to 33 degrees here by Thursday! However, there will be some relief as it will drop to a chilly 28 overnight! Humidity, as ever, like the inside of a fireman's Jockeys. Still, I have a plan to avoid it - I'm off to Malaysia where it's only 31 degrees today :lol:

Its not Scorchio at all at the moment :cry: , its 15 degrees (according to metcheck) and peeing down (according to outside the office window). We have been promised that it will stop raining one day soon though.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    English Summer = the rain is slightly warmer than normal. :(
    Cycling weakly
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Heat wave goodbye.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I'm expecting snow tomorrow now...