Le Tour de France - On normal TV?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Will this years Tour be on normal TV or freeveiw and not Cable/Sky?

If so what channel?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    ITV4 has a daily highlights show at 7pm (also on their version of iplayer)
    Last year they had a couple of hours live at the weekends as well. :)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    it's on eurosport as far as I know...
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Highlights will be on ITV4 again as far as I know, don't know if they'll be showing any live stages - it's very important for them to show lots of grainy footage of high speed police chases during the day it seems.

Also, you could subscribe to the Eurosport player if you've got a decent internet connection - it's pretty reasonably priced, don't know about the picture quality you get though.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Mon-fri I sneakily take a peek at one of the video feeds listed on cyclingfans.com as well as live tickers from cyclingnews.com and www.letour.fr (the french ticker gets more updates than the english one so buff up those language skills)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    http://www.itv.com/sport/tourdefrance/default.html

Live coverage this weekend & next weekend (that's as far as the tv guide goes). Highlights @ 7pm each evening, repeated @ 1pm the next day.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    ITV4 coverage is crap - take the pain and get a Eurosport sub - 5 hours a day live with David Harmon being corrected by Sean Kelly (possibly the least likely commentator ever to get behind a microphone). You also really need to be 'working from home' or, like me, self employed to enjoy it to the full. Sheer bliss and what better way to avoid all the 'come on Andy' boll0cks we'll inevitably get on Sunday afternoon presuming Murray staggers through to only get soundly beaten in the final . Quite fancy Wiggins to take the prologue on Saturday too.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I don't like Sean Kelly as a commentator. Something about his voice, I think. Just sounds so dull and uninteresting.

I've me Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett any day.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Kelly was quite infamous during his career both for his taciturnity .. funny that he should now be employed as a commentator. Stephen Roche was quite the opposite and Paul Kimmage was in the broom wagon getting resentful
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Agent57 wrote:
    I don't like Sean Kelly as a commentator. Something about his voice, I think. Just sounds so dull and uninteresting.

I've me Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett any day.
    Sean Kelly is great. What he actually says is usually on the money, and a good deal of the entertainment value is in guessing where the sentences start and finish.
  • Agent57
    Oh, yeah, I agree on the general accuracy and incitefulness of his words. I just hate the delivery.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Agent57 wrote:
    Oh, yeah, I agree on the general accuracy and incitefulness of his words. I just hate the delivery.
    Iagreethatitsabitmonotoneandthegapsbetweenwords

are

abitoddandthat

hetendstostarttalkingjustas

youthinkhe'sfininished.
  • Agent57
    I meant insightfulness, not incitefulness. I don't think he causes riots or anything. :D