I want one..

dag_on_a_bike
dag_on_a_bike Posts: 581
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
...anyone got any ideas where from?

1246264503436-1338wkx42u2k-500-90-500-70.jpg

Already got the crankset. Just want that chain!
There's no such thing as too old.

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Sort of looks photo shopped(or whatever they call that). If it is real, I'm betting that you
    had better have really deep pockets. Plus it would only look good if you never used it.
  • Comment posted in review article was:
    angryasian Posted Tue 30 Jun, 4:31 am BST
    The chain is a KMC, custom finished for Specialized

While I appreciate looking good if not used, it surely can't be any worse than keeping KMC gold chains clean.
  • dennisn
    Comment posted in review article was:
    angryasian Posted Tue 30 Jun, 4:31 am BST
    The chain is a KMC, custom finished for Specialized

While I appreciate looking good if not used, it surely can't be any worse than keeping KMC gold chains clean.

It all begs the question. How many REAL RIDERS are that obsessive about their chains?
    No one can actually use a bicycle on a regular basis and keep a chain, or anything else on the bike, looking brand new. :wink:
  • Dennis, you're absolutely right.

But if there's not that much cost difference and the chain is due for replacement, why not if there's no functional difference?

Maybe it will encourage me to do what we all know we should and that's claen the chain more frequently.
  • dennisn
    Dennis, you're absolutely right.

But if there's not that much cost difference and the chain is due for replacement, why not if there's no functional difference?

Maybe it will encourage me to do what we all know we should and that's claen the chain more frequently.

I'll admit it looks great but could you really keep it that way, even with daily cleanings?
    Maybe? It's probably painted that way and I see that wearing off really quick in actual use.
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    I had one just like it years ago after I foolishly reached down to check chain tension on a fixie - ouch!!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    That's about as ugly as it gets.