Removing Hope Suspenstion Hub Spacers.

jedi_master
jedi_master Posts: 888
edited July 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
I have the replacement bearings for my hope suspension hub and the support bush to knock the new bearings in but I can't seem to get the spacers off each side, I am trying to get them off without clamping them in a vice as I don't want to damage the red anodising. Any one got any ideas? I have tried to lever them off from the back with a small flat screwdriver and I have tried tapping the axle from the opposite side with a rubber mallet but that doesn't seem to work either.

The spacers look like this but in red http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=18784

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pull more.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jedi_master
    Tried that still won't budge. Its not really that easy to grip as your fingers slide off as your pulling.
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    I used an adjustable pipe wrench. If it`s been a while since you had them off then i`m afraid your not gonna be able to shift them with just your hands.
  • jedi_master
    pdid wrote:
    If it`s been a while since you had them off then i`m afraid your not gonna be able to shift them with just your hands.

They have never been taken off before.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they are just a push fit with an O ring for friction.

like i said pull more.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Nick is used to giving things a big tug so trust him on this one.