Halfords Team kit

Rehnquist
Rehnquist Posts: 32
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
Anyone know if you can buy Halfords Team Kit. looks like the only decent team kit on the market and adidas brand should mean it is good gear.

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Halfords? Really? Are you sure you've thought this through?
  • I can remember the days of ANC-Halfords....
    :P
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I can remember the days of ANC-Halfords....

yep - the African National Congress were well into their cycling back then.. ;)
  • softlad wrote:
    I can remember the days of ANC-Halfords....

yep - the African National Congress were well into their cycling back then.. ;)

that joke never ages.....
    :lol:
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Rehnquist
    you are right. what was i thinking. Of course why buy bikes and kit which get great reviews from halfords at cheap prices when i can pay treble that for swiss gear. Apologies for even suggesting such a thing.
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    Why not just get a sign with 'I'm a twat' on it and ride with that on, nice and cheap and advertisers what you seem to be :)
  • Rehnquist
    ouch!
    just thought the kit looked ok - high viz, decent design.
    Begs the question which team kit is aesthetically pleasing.
    Boardman bikes, bike of the year?
    Perhaps there is a case for a a degree of revisionism with regard to the halfords brand.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    You may wish to consider Team McDonalds instead of Halfords - infinitley more popular with the proletariat, so should elicit some cheery waves. :D

...sizing may be a bit of a sticking point however, as they only currently produce this kit in XXXXXXXXL size. :?
    Cycling weakly
  • tmg
    I don't think Boardman get any quedos from using Halfords, I guess the only benefit they get is that it gets there bikes out to the masses and the deal was probably the best one on the table commercially as Halfords were looking for something/someone to help push the bike side of their business.

I doubt, although could be wrong, that anyone who buys a bike from Halfords actually uses them for any after sales service. Boardmans do get good reviews, however I never even consider halfords when buying anything bike related nor would I ever take my bike to them to fix anything either.

If you want team kit in orange that maybe carries a bit more street cred than Halfrauds try Euskaltel
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    On a more helpful note, if orange is your bag why not go for one of these from Prendas Cyclismo:
    20080924_BIC_Orange.jpg

I have used Prendas for a few buys and the quality and value of their gear is second to none. IMHO 8)
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2072
    Cycling weakly
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    The Halfords kit is dull !
    Shazam !!
  • neilg50
    neilg50 Posts: 1
    Rehnquist wrote:
    Anyone know if you can buy Halfords Team Kit. looks like the only decent team kit on the market and adidas brand should mean it is good gear.
    Probikekit have some nice team kit of their own and I think Moa make it. Just got an email yesterday saying they have a white kit too - probably copying Cervelo for the tour!
  • tmg wrote:
    I don't think Boardman get any quedos from using Halfords

And what has mexican food got to do with it?!
  • bodisgod
    bodisgod Posts: 42
    tmg wrote:
    I don't think Boardman get any quedos from using Halfords

And what has mexican food got to do with it?!

Or Billiard tables?

http://www.quedos.com.au/
  • cj504
    cj504 Posts: 110
    I noticed that the PBK white kit was in their catalogue long before that press release from Cervelo yesterday. I reckon Cervelo are copying pbk :lol: !!
    Thresholds, 60-80%, HRM's...I'll just go for a ride
  • tmg
    lol Halfords would sell anything if they thought there was money to be made
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Halfords would sell anything if they thought there was money to be made

Only if they could guarantee it not working / fitting properly.