Cateye Strada help

Surf-Matt
Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
Got one of these fitted to the road bike - seems pretty good but it kept resetting itself yesterday when I stopped - the overall trip mileage remained on "Dist 2" but average speed, max speed and distance on Dist 1 reset the two times I stopped. Do you just have to keep going or is there a way of having it not reset if you stop?!

Cheers all!

Comments

• pompeypoppy
    pompeypoppy Posts: 182
    I've got one of these and it hasn't done that before. It should only reset if you press the button down for a second.

Is it clipped in properly? If it's still a problem I'd take it back.
  • Surf-Matt
    That's what I thought (it shouldn't reset).

Frustrating as I had to stop at the bottom of our drive (steep hill) to pick up our recycling box then walk up with the bike - so my average speed was reading 2mph and my max was 3!!
  • pompeypoppy
    pompeypoppy Posts: 182
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    my average speed was reading 2mph and my max was 3!!

Doesn't sound as if its broken then... at least, that's what mine always reads :wink:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    That's still quite a respectable speed considering you're lugging a recycling box and wheeling a bike uphill!

I know nothing of the Cateye Strada. There must be some way of fiddling with the settings to change the way it responds to brief stops, otherwise it would be as useful to a cyclist as Wensleydale brake blocks.
  • Surf-Matt
    Keef - I jogged up. It's an absolute sod of a hill. About 100 yards long but around 1 in 3. Some delivery vans can't get up it if it's damp!

Means a slightly harsh end to every ride and run I do. But apparently it's good for you..
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I've got one of those and it certainly doesn't reset itself like that. Sounds like it's faulty
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Surf-Matt
    It was - now replaced.

The housing for the bottom screw for the bottle holder (down tube) has also worked loose meaning I can't tighten or undo the bolt (it spins freely around the screw) so that's being sorted tomorrow...