POLL: If you had infinate money what bike would you choose?

shaun23
shaun23 Posts: 159
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
If you had infinate money what bike would you choose?
Make / Model / Spec ?

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Surely if you had infinite money you'd just get one of every bike you wanted?
  • shaun23
    come on! it's only a bit of fun, you're only allowed one bike and one bike only!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    S Works Epic I guess.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Firstly, I'd get a house in the country. Then, I'd get a triple-spaced garage, fitted with heating, lots of lights, fridge, stereo, many, many HIGH QUALITY tools, a few workbenches, and lots of hooks to hang bikes on.

Then I'd go out, and buy around 20 bikes. Might sound like overkill, but if you had the money, and space, you'd go out and buy a bike for any reason (but really, is to help the economy, right...... :wink::lol: ).

I'd get some spares too (chains, derailluers, cassettes etc).

Then I'd get a some kind of pimped-out truck, and go touring Alps (Swiss, French, Italian, Slovenian, German). Then the Pyrenees. Then over to the USA and Canada......

Damn dreams... :cry:

I want infinite money!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Lol! :lol::lol::lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Chaz.Harding
    shaun23

Spoilsport!!!

You must have posted while I was day-dreaming... :oops:

One bike ay...

Probably the Foes Fly, tbh. With Totems, and a Curnett Ti spring shock. Chris King headset and BB, Saint transmission, Thompson finishing kit, Industry 9 wheelset, and Hayes Stroker Ace brakeset... Mmm...

Overkill for XC, but I'm more and more doing jumps and DH. I have a 35-ish pound 6 and half inch XC / AM / Free-ride bike that does it all at the moment, so not a massive step...
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • keirtristan
    keirtristan Posts: 296
    Stock bike or build?

I like the look of the Lappierre Spicy (or maybe the Zesty). Or maybe the Scott Ltd Genius.

As for building one, I have no idea where start, maybe an Ibis Mojo frame and whatever from there.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    hmmmmm infinite money. .........

-a cove huster, full xtr, fox 32 140 15mm, industry nine wheels, easton carbon stuuf etc
    -charge blender ti, ultimate playbike and bling ride to college
    -evil revolt, best looking bike ever
    -commencal meta 55 2010 uk edition, a real world choice
    -commencal super4 carbon, bling xc bike that can the hits

then id buy a house in whistler, lake garda, wales lol and a load of flash cars abd expensive guitars, a 62 strat would be very nice

wow, realtiy sucks :(
  • Chaz.Harding
    lawman wrote:
    I know... :(

LOL! :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • shaun23
    lawman wrote:
    I know... :(

LOL! :lol:

Yep! Sure Does!!
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i'd have a mtb specific island build in the med with a killer dh and dirt jumps and a massive xc trail on it and your only allowed there if you have an mtb

as for bike i'd get honda to make me one of the sweet dh bikes they had a couple of years ago but wit better technology and lighter materials :D

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    i will start a new bike company and hire all the top engineers and designers from all big bike companies with double their wages, then get them to design THE bike.

i would call it "Henry THE X" 8)
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Gobs
    Gobs Posts: 296
    I'd buy a full suspension Apollo from Halfords for £80 and take her to Cwmcarn just to see what would happen and the looks I would get :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    If I was only allowed to have 1 bike, it would probably be the S-works Enduro Carbon, because I could use it for pretty much every kind of riding.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Gobs wrote:
    I'd buy a full suspension Apollo from Halfords for £80 and take her to Cwmcarn just to see what would happen and the looks I would get :lol:

I saw some guy setting out on one of those from the car park at Afan not long ago. My mate and I just looked on bemused, until his mate laughed and said "he thought it would be better than hiring a bike" :lol:

Fair play to him though, they were heading out for their second trail of the day!

Back on topic: I'd have a fully customised Anthem X. Personalised colour scheme, liberal sprinklings of XTR, Chris King and Hope - aiming for superlight but without being a stupidly fragile race bike, just a singletrack weapon!
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    A custom DJ bike, with purple frame, purple argyles, purple rims with white hubs and
    white spokes, white stem and handlebars with purple grips, white seatpost with purple
    seat. White e-thirteen, with one purple pedal and one white. Custom white BB7 on
    alligator rotors, with white cables. And white X7 shifters/derraileurs. What did I forget?

That's the hardtail, here's the fullsuspension:

Ransom 30 frame, with white and red Lyrik, and the rest as above just white and red combination. :mrgreen:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ohhhh only one bike lol

id have this then

28-meta55ltd.jpg
  • bigchazrocks
    Only a triple garage? I'd have a multistory car park :lol:

Then I'd buy Wales.

But seriously.... I want a Rotec RL9. :(
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Santa Cruz Blur XC carbon

Then I would buy a big chunk of woodland on the side of a hill and hire Daffyd Davies to come and build my own private singletrack heaven
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    What bike, err mine. :lol:

Or mine come end of the year when i grab some I9 wheels. ;)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the 2010 carbon sworks enduro please,
  • Airbus A380 will full XTR and that £600 odd quid pair of DT Swiss wheels.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • rwalworth
    rwalworth Posts: 176
    Litespeed Sewanee
  • Chaz.Harding
    bigbenj_08

OK, so you got me! Would be a big ol' heated, air-conditioned, workshop then - not just for MTB's!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

For years, I've always wanted to buy a big muscle car, totally strip it, clean, replace and modernise it (working brakes, suspension etc), put a MEATY engine in - minimum 7litres, but has to be a carbureted V8 8)

Oh, and a place to keep my many motorcycles. And MTB's. And road bikes. And quad bikes...

Damn it would be a sweet life, lol! 8) :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Turner RFX frame
    I9 wheels
    XTR Groupset with hope ceramic bottom braket
    chris king headset
    Formula R1 brakes
    Fox Talas 36 rc2
    odi lock on grips
    monkey lite bars
    tomson elite stem
    slr sellle italia
    easton ec 90

my dream build
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • antshybrid
    antshybrid Posts: 139
    DSC00825.jpg
    yumyumyum!! :D
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    umm i think i would have to have an intese m6 or an m5

awww if only :shock:
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    Ducati 996 - sh*t wrong thread lol

I fancy Trek fuel
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    soy_sauce wrote:
    i will start a new bike company and hire all the top engineers and designers from all big bike companies with double their wages, then get them to design THE bike.

i would call it "Henry THE X" 8)

If I had infinite money - I'd order a bike from you - since you now employee all the top engineers and designers :D
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    i would probably join you there. although you would have to design a dh bike though. and callthat one trevor.