The Hungry Cyclist - In The Shops Now

thehungrycyclist
thehungrycyclist Posts: 70
edited June 2009 in Tour & expedition
For all of you out there who enjoy nothing more than tucking into some good food at the end of a long day in the saddle I am pleased to tell you that my first book The Hungry Cyclist - Pedalling The Americas in Search of The Perfect Meal is now available in all good bookshops.

A tale of my 2.5 year ride from New York to Rio in search of the perfect meal it makes an intriguing travel memoir as well as including some weird and wonderful recipes that I sampled along the way.

Click this link to order on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hungry-Cyclist- ... 0007278845

I do hope enjoy the read as much as I enjoyed the ride and a huge thanks for all your support along the way on this forum.

Until the next time, go safe and keep the wind on your backs.

Tom

www.thehungrycyclist.com
The Hungry Cyclist

www.thehungrycyclist.com

Second helpings are what happiness is all about

Comments

• Special K
    Special K Posts: 449
    Nice one. Looks interesting to me, not least because I am a gluttonous two wheelist.
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Special K wrote:
    Nice one. Looks interesting to me, not least because I am a gluttonous two wheelist.

+1 for me
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    +1

Ordered as I've nearly finished "why don't you fly?"
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Hmm, no disrespect to the Americas but not the obvious place to go in search of the perfect meal. Or is that the conceit?
  • you would be suprised - there is some superb food to be found beyond the fast food in the US. You just need to now where to look...
    The Hungry Cyclist

www.thehungrycyclist.com

Second helpings are what happiness is all about
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    I'll be buying it. Congrats on getting it done, both the book and the trip.
  • drumon
    drumon Posts: 175
    Have read this!

One of the best books I've read in a long time! On a par with other food travel books, the REALLY GOOD ones that is!

Food and cycling really go hand in hand in my book (though I haven't written one) and this book was a pleasure to read. Thanks for publishing.