sleep

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
anyone else have trouble staying asleep these last few days?
I don't know what the hell's wrong, it's not that hot or humid during the night, but I just keep waking up every few hours.
I only slept about 4 hours on Sunday night, which meant I was buggered all day at work.
Last night, I was waking up every hour or so. I've given up now, and I've been up since half past five, wandering what to do before I head to work at 10. My knee's still aching, so I can't go for a ride :roll:

Comments

• Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    I have trouble sleeping, but thats mostly because my next door neighbours are noisy, inconsiderate d!ckheads.

Are you stressing / worried about anything?

Worrying about not being able to sleep makes me- surprise, surprise- unable to sleep.
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Try 14 hours in the last 7 days!
    Did an 8 hour ride on sun and got zero sleep that night before going to glentress yesterday for another days riding.
    Not been able to sleep for more than 1 hour at a time for the last 2 weeks - so if you find a cure - let me know! :evil:

Seriously though, I do have some prescription sleeping pills for when it gets a lot worse (2-3 hours a week) which can be helpful to reset the bodyclock but I just hate taking any damn pills.
  • Anonymous
    Si78 wrote:
    I have trouble sleeping, but thats mostly because my next door neighbours are noisy, inconsiderate d!ckheads.

Are you stressing / worried about anything?

Worrying about not being able to sleep makes me- surprise, surprise- unable to sleep.
    Actually, for the first time in years and years, I'm not really worried about anything. Even my finances are finally great.
    I've got a few things I'm thinking about, programming stuff, ideas and so on, but nothing out of the ordinary.

If this goes on all week, I might ask the doc for some night's worth of sleeping pills, just to reset my clock like "TimesLikeThese" says.
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Ive been having trouble sleeping the past 2weeks aswell.
    Dont get to sleep until about 4am and seem to wake up at about 7 unable to get back to sleep :evil:
    Planning on taking some Nytol tablets tonight and see if that helps. I had some before and it seemed to do the trick for me...
  • Anonymous
    meh, nytol doesn;t do anything for me. A few years ago , i took a few, didn;t do anything, so I took a few more, and that didn;t do anything, so I ate the whole pack.
    That didn't get me to sleep, but I was feeling a bit unwell for a few days . :lol:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i think its the heat and humidity we're just not used to it. i've not been sleeping well either so i resorted to vodka last night and i slept alot better :wink:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Best thing you can do is go hooning about as normal cycling in blistering heat, raising your core temp to silliness then watch your body release that temp at night when you're fully resting - now that's a recipe for hot sweats, feverish skin and no sleep. :lol:

I haven't done this of course. 8)
  • hondafanatic
    hondafanatic Posts: 213
    I was really struggling for the last few weeks until I bought a fan for the room. First night was last night and I slept really well. (until the cat freaked out when he paw'd the fan a clunked his claw on it, at which point he chose my face as the best place for a tactical retreat)...

I can only put it down to humidity and heat.

So get a fan. I actually like the noise, it reminds me of being on a plane...
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • Anonymous
    I've got plenty of fans :D
    Is really doesn't seem to be the heat though, I'm not uncomfortable at all, and all the windows are open, which means there's a nice breeze flowing through the bedroom.
  • hondafanatic
    I've got plenty of fans :D
    Is really doesn't seem to be the heat though, I'm not uncomfortable at all, and all the windows are open, which means there's a nice breeze flowing through the bedroom.

Get a cat then, mix things up a little. Then you'll have something to complain about. :lol:

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • Anonymous
    ah, but I have a cat as well - it prowls around outside at night.
  • hondafanatic

In that case, all i can say MTFU. :lol:

• Anonymous

In that case, all i can say MTFU. :lol:
    :lol:
    I just wish I had the energy!
  • Si78
    Order a film on Sky Box Office.

I guarantee you will fall asleep within 15 mins of it starting. :roll:

I always bloody do... Doesn't half pi$$ me off! :evil:

Will cost you a few quid, but who can put a price on a good quality sleep lol :wink:
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    welcome to my world i have been like this for years. just started to sleep alittle better latly tho. i think not drinking coffee to late helps. also i have been eating a smaal bit of food before bed seems to help.

One big thing guys if ya do wake up ffs dont look at the time it makes it worse. that is one thing that used to get me so now i tend to turn my phone of so i cant glanse at the time
  • Anonymous
    Well, i stayed up till two last night, watching stuff I'd recorded on Sky+ and mecia center, and I managed to get a good night's sleep, except now i had trouble getting up at half past 8 :lol:
  • Si78
    Well, i stayed up till two last night, watching stuff I'd recorded on Sky+ and mecia center, and I managed to get a good night's sleep, except now i had trouble getting up at half past 8 :lol:

That all sounds pretty normal to me! lol

Cured! lol
  • Hi bfg - like you I've had it all my life.

You could try the most boring technical book you can find.... especially if you are thinking of sitting an exam on it.
    You could try meditating.
    You could try sex.
    You could try hot milk - something in the chemicals is meant to promote sleep.

Or you could try reading the Kama sutra and meditating on the feeling as you are having sex in a hot milky bath..... :D

Well after a couple of weeks of 0-2 hours I did resort to the sleeping pills one night and it seems to have been enough to shift my pattern into letting me get a bit more sleep again

Day 1 - 2 hours then 20mg Temazepam gave another 2 hours
    Day 2 - 2 hours then 3 hours (no pills)
    Day 3 - 2 hours then 4.5 hours (no pills)