Thinking of selling off stuff at the car boot sale

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
I've got a load of old spares (I say old, much of it is 6 months old, the oldest about 5 years) I'm thinking of flogging. I've seen a few people selling bike stuff down the Bursledon carboot sale (outside the tescos near southampton) and thought I might try my hand at it there.

I've got 4 old tyres, 3 wheels, a front hub, stem... even my giant turbo which I havent used (just cant bring myself to on the new bike :oops: )

What do you guys reckon? Is it worth me posting up on the classiifeds here instead?

Nearly forgot the question I was going to ask: The tyres are racelites and the continentals that came with the Kona.. is it safe to fold these?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You can make most non-folding tyres fold but not in the same way as folding tyres.[/list]
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    ebay
  • downfader
    Infamous wrote:
    ebay

a) dont have a credit card
    b) they are extortionate
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Even with ebay fees and paypal fees, you will get more money than you will at a tesco car park.
  • downfader
    Infamous wrote:
    Even with ebay fees and paypal fees, you will get more money than you will at a tesco car park.

I do tend to get the money I ask for. Have done it a few times over the years.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    How much would you be wanting for the turbo trainer? ;)
  • downfader
    whyamihere wrote:
    How much would you be wanting for the turbo trainer? ;)

Think I paid £120 last year to get fit after the accident. How does £50 sound? I'll admit its not the best turbo trainer..

...goes to check what model it was :oops:

Its a Giant Cyclo-tron Mag. It uses a cable switch to adjust resistance.

Not sure how much delivery would be, but I think the box and instructions might be in the loft.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    downfader wrote:
    I'll admit its not the best turbo trainer..
    Love the sales technique!

Punter: I have £200 to spend and I'm interested in that wheel, can you tell me a bit about it?
    Downfader: It's shite.

:wink:
  • downfader
    Nuggs wrote:
    downfader wrote:
    I'll admit its not the best turbo trainer..
    Love the sales technique!

Punter: I have £200 to spend and I'm interested in that wheel, can you tell me a bit about it?
    Downfader: It's shite.

:wink:

I'm like that at work. People appreciate my honesty. :lol: Although in this case I meant compared with the top end Tacx etc.