Forum home Road cycling forum Workshop

integrated headsets

pigmanpigman Posts: 76
edited June 2009 in Workshop
the integrated headset on my TCR has had it. Its a 1 1/8 integrated, 2004 model aluminium frame.
Websites show 2 types - anyone know whether I need 36x45 or 45x45? or how to determine. Can anyone explain what it means?


  • Monty DogMonty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It's usually marked on the side of the bearings - the numbers refer to the angle of the chamfer on the inside and outside of the bearing - 45x45 is typically Campagnolo type whereas 36x45 is Cane Creek. FSA website has more info on spotting different types.
    If unsure, take a bearing out and take it to your LBS. It's often cheaper to buy a whole headset rather than just the replacement bearings IME
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ride_wheneverride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    unless you go to a bearing shop for the bearings! Then they're very cheap.
  • comsensecomsense Posts: 245
    I needed advise re headset on a Giant and got a rapid reply from Jon at Giant. [email protected] Hope this helps.
Sign In or Register to comment.