Catlike Whisper Plus

donnie murdo
donnie murdo Posts: 986
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Does anyone know if this helmet comes with a peak?

thanks

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Why would you want a peak?! :shock:
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    I've had several over the years and none have had a peak.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    The MTB ones come with a peak, but the proper road ones don't.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Whisper Plus.....the old Whisper was far better.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010

Personally I'm not a fan of the Whisper Plus.....the old Whisper was far better.

Do you know what the differences are? I tried a Whsiper plus on the other week. Very comfy, and seemed to sit slightly lower on the head than the giros, which makes it feel more secure. Didn't buy it though, cos I wanted the bug net thing, but that only comes on the kompact.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    APIII wrote:

Do you know what the differences are? I tried a Whsiper plus on the other week. Very comfy, and seemed to sit slightly lower on the head than the giros, which makes it feel more secure. Didn't buy it though, cos I wanted the bug net thing, but that only comes on the kompact.

The fits are totally different, probably because they've largely been redesigned (but still look the same).

I had a medium Whisper, crashed it, bought a medium Whisper Plus, and it's smaller. There's more bulk to the new helmet, so it might be "safer", but I liked the old Whisper because it was really light and I couldn't see or really feel the helmet once it was on, but with the Whisper Plus it doesn't fit the same, and when I look up I can see the helmet because the front of it is that fat compared to the old one.

It's a shame as I really liked the old one, it was close to perfect, but with the new one I might aswell have bought a cheap helmet.

I'm going to have helmet hunting when I have a job/PhD, at the moment it looks like a Spesh 2D is favourite.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I think all Spiuk helmets come with a peak except the team helmets anyway. Tried on a Vacuum the other week and didn't like it, how it felt anyway.