Gorse bushes......

Hercule Q
Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
....Really! what purpose do the serve apart from fuel for common fires and making your arms look like a heroin addicts?? oh and flesh eating bacteria. proof there is a devil. God made sweet trails and the devil furnished it with pointy things and death.............B&^%$£*!!!!!

pinkbike
Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Bleeding arms and shins are half the fun :twisted:

MTFU!! :lol:
  • Hercule Q
    i'm not bitching about the blood i want to know the purpose of them

pinkbike
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    To make you bleed. There's no such thing as pleasure without pain ;) haha !
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Yeah, i agree second only to Triffids as nasty plants go. But you can hardly call them pointless.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • CommandoBoy
    CommandoBoy Posts: 173
    Where i play airsoft it has a load of them.
    Crawling through them trying to stay silent has prooved hard sometimes
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Long sleeves are pretty much essential at Woodbury :lol: I love the place though, despite the gorse and the drivetrain-eating sand!
  • Hercule Q
    and speed eating sand patches, they look solid untill eurgh stop annd plenty of swearing

(how did you guess woodbury?)

pinkbike
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Long sleeves are pretty much essential at Woodbury :lol: I love the place though, despite the gorse and the drivetrain-eating sand!

A horrible place :!: "Woodbury Rash" was invented by the devil himself :(
  • llamafarmer
    Hercule Q wrote:
    and speed eating sand patches, they look solid untill eurgh stop annd plenty of swearing

(how did you guess woodbury?)

:lol: Or the ridiculously steep and slippery pebble slopes!

I grew up in Exmouth, so when you mentioned gorse it was the first place I thought of!
  • Hercule Q

:lol: Or the ridiculously steep and slippery pebble slopes!

I grew up in Exmouth, so when you mentioned gorse it was the first place I thought of!

those pebble slopes kick ass!

pinkbike
  • llamafarmer
    Hercule Q wrote:
    those pebble slopes kick ass!

There's a great one that snakes uphill near the castle! Best on the way down as you fly past a group of bemused marine recruits sweating uphill the other way :lol:
  • Hercule Q
    always makes me smile when you go past them at speed and take them by supprise or if you stop near them and start poiting the opposing team on the otherside of the valley

Me - "theres one"

Marine - "shhh"

Me - "there's another one"

Marine - "shhhhh"

Me - "theres another 2 over there"

Marine - "where?"

its just to much fun

pinkbike
  • randomage
    randomage Posts: 100
    Ah, the wonder of gorse bushes, dartmoor is covered in them! Been up to my thighs in a bush before, it took 2 weeks for the cuts to heal, and i still have a little bit of scarring from it! Nothing like wading through razors :twisted:
    "The day after tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. That way, you always have a couple of days in hand." - Bill Bailey
  • llamafarmer
    Was up on Woodbury today, I forgot how much I love riding up there! There's not really anywhere else quite like it. Wish I'd had a helmet cam with me, we found some sweet little narrow rat runs around the assault course/ firing range area, all with that stunning view out to sea! :D

And yes, my arms and legs look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!
  • Hercule Q

And yes, my arms and legs look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!

I'm so proud :D

pinkbike
  • europeandy
    europeandy Posts: 118
    I like em cos when they are flowering they smell of coconut which reminds me of the cheap floozies in the nightclub I frequented in my youth :D