Giordana Tenax bib size

Michaelp1234
Michaelp1234 Posts: 22
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
I am trying to figure which is the right size for me so i can order online a Giordana Tenax bib.
My status is 5 10"Height, 187lbs and 35'waist.
Not a bike shop near me so anyone near my sizes to give his opinion please?
Thanks.

Comments

• jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    If it's any help, I'm 6'2" with 35" waist, 13stone (ish) and take XXL
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    I think you need a size L.

The waist part of most bibshorts is extremely elastic and can accomodate a wide range of sizes. What does change a lot per size is leg length and the length of the bib.

FYI - I am 5'9" and I use a size L.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    it's a L or XL

I'm the same height but a 32/33" waist and take a L. They're spot on but the straps couldn't be any shorter. Fine on the bike but upright they tighten up a bit.

If you have a longish torso/short legs then the XL may be better.

Why don't you just buy both and send one back? Ribble do returns no problem.

Good bibs though, for sure.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Marko1962
    Marko1962 Posts: 320
    I'm 5'10, 157 Ib with a 33 inch waist and take a XL in the Tenax. Even at this size they are tight enough esp around my thighs and my thighs aint huge, gives a bit of a compression effect...
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Marko1962 wrote:
    I'm 5'10, 157 Ib with a 33 inch waist and take a XL in the Tenax. Even at this size they are tight enough esp around my thighs and my thighs aint huge, gives a bit of a compression effect...

I'm virtually the same at 5'10", 160lb with a 32" waist and take a M in Tenax!

Michaelp, I'd also say L would fit you.
  • Thanks everyone you were very helpful,
    finally after reading peoples sizes i ordered the XXL because i wrote that my weight is 187lb by typo mistake,i am actually 197lb and my thighs and chest are "huge" for a cyclist so i will try the 2XL and i report back for ppl who want to know more about the Tenax sizes.
  • Finally XXL is the right size for me. Thanks again :P