Post ride discovery...

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
After a frantic mountain bike thrash around Leigh Woods and Ashton Court in Brizzle with Wilma the pup. I have discovered my perfect refuel:

Smoking a Montecristo number 5 cigar (preference is a number 2, but they are too big to carry without breaking) whilst imbibing a Gibson Martini.

Et voila, I was fighting fit within 10 mins.....

Wilma refueled on haggis and scrambled eggs - then farted.....lots.

Anyone else had an unhealthy refuel?!

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Two glasses of Grimbergen and two large hot dogs. I was a new man. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • bacon and stilton baguette washed down with pint of shandy at Crown in West Harptree after sorting out Dundry & Mendip. Nearly saw it again on cheeky little climb towards Hinton Blewitt
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    cjcp wrote:
    Two glasses of Grimbergen and two large hot dogs. I was a new man. :D

Belgian beer has extra beans in :D
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    An actual serious reply from me - while the rest of zipvit's free sample package has been a bit of a bust, the chocolate orange flavour protein recovery bar is gorgeous - I've just ordered a boxful.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    biondino wrote:
    An actual serious reply from me - while the rest of zipvit's free sample package has been a bit of a bust, the chocolate orange flavour protein recovery bar is gorgeous - I've just ordered a boxful.

I liked mine but it still wasn't as good as good old beans on toast with a glass of milk. Works every time.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    biondino wrote:

I tried their lemon drink on Sunday and found it quite pleasant.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I was forced to try their lemon drink on Saturday/Sunday as it was the only flavour available at the event - at first I found it ranker than rank but by the end I was surprised to realise I was sort of enjoying it! Faint praise is all it deserves, but it did the job I guess.
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    After a frantic mountain bike thrash around Leigh Woods and Ashton Court in Brizzle with Wilma the pup. I have discovered my perfect refuel:

Smoking a Montecristo number 5 cigar (preference is a number 2, but they are too big to carry without breaking) whilst imbibing a Gibson Martini.

Cristo's are ok, find them a bit heavy mind you. More of a fan of Davidoff No. 3 at the moment but a Cohiba 3 is the current flavour of the month at the moment
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Pork pie and a Peperami. \o/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Chewy Cheeks
    Chewy Cheeks Posts: 234
    gtvlusso wrote:

Cristo's are ok, find them a bit heavy mind you. More of a fan of Davidoff No. 3 at the moment but a Cohiba 3 is the current flavour of the month at the moment

Haven't had a cigar for a couple of years now but I'm with you on the davidoff's

It always makes me feel good there and then but lousy for the next couple of days

I miss them - never tried them with a mohito but I think it would be nice
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:

Chapeau!! Cohiba's cost a fortune - I always fancied trying an Esplendido (The one that Fidel Likes)......However, My humidor mainly contains Petit Coronas (Cuban and Honduran) and the odd Churchill + some Montecristo N0.2's. www.simplycigars.co.uk is my little sanctuary......
  • Chewy Cheeks
    Chewy Cheeks Posts: 234
    Oooooh

Really fancy a smoke now -

I can feel a trip to Shervingtons, high holburn coming on payday.

Post football Friday seems like good cigar time
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Nooooooooooooooo

Nicotine free for two years now and you've started me craving like mad you bu99er you.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Why cant I work in an office that will allow me to puff away at my desk.

BUGGER the Government (continued torent of abuse aimed at the baldy fudge packers)
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • gtvlusso
    Attica wrote:
    Nooooooooooooooo

Nicotine free for two years now and you've started me craving like mad you bu99er you.

I shall have a smoke at Mud Dock on tonight (assuming that I get out of here on time!) - sorry, I know what it is like to quit (managed it 16 years ago!). Still like a cigar a week though!
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Yeah, giving up is easy, I've done it loads of times!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"