Heatwave!

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Apparently. Supposed to be record breaking temps at the end of the week.

I'm off to Spain though!

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I'll be in my back garden, bikini on relaxing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the water in majorca don't take like what it outta...

(80's add for something, I can't remember)
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Typical! or as Alanis Morisette would say...Ironic :wink:

Sooner the winter comes for me the better. People who sweat like I do hunger for the cold and freshness of winter.
  • supersonic
    I'll be in air conned comfort! 10 days away on the Southern coast. Thpough I will venture out and get some colour on my pale legs lol.
  • supersonic
    Kiblams wrote:

Sooner the winter comes for me the better. People who sweat like I do hunger for the cold and freshness of winter.

Yeah, I sweat a bit, have hyperhidrosis, can be a nightmare!
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    have a nice time in spain sonic.

I am off to cyprus in 6 weeks to get married. apparently its the hottest time to go to cyprus too. 40 degrees.

Perish the thought a scotsman in all that heat! (i ll be like a lobster in 30mins flat).

weather has faded a bit here up north. How's it lying in Chapeltown?

I have such fond memories of Chap and High Green too. Played golf at Tankersley too
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    GmanUK101 wrote:

Wasn't it for a beer or something? Not that i'm old enough to remember..... :oops: :shock:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Kiblams
    supersonic wrote:
    Kiblams wrote:

Yeah, I sweat a bit, have hyperhidrosis, can be a nightmare!

Indeed, 5 mins of riding and my chin is dripping, at least it takes 20-30mins to start doing that in the winter! :D

I realy should go see a doctor as my brother advised me to when we went on a short ride (5-10miles) at the weekend and I was soaked! He couldn't beleive it :lol:
  • supersonic
    xSTRATHYx wrote:
    have a nice time in spain sonic.

I am off to cyprus in 6 weeks to get married. apparently its the hottest time to go to cyprus too. 40 degrees.

Perish the thought a scotsman in all that heat! (i ll be like a lobster in 30mins flat).

weather has faded a bit here up north. How's it lying in Chapeltown?

I have such fond memories of Chap and High Green too. Played golf at Tankersley too

Aye, not so bad! Nice course Tankersley. Do you remember the Tank on the ground next to the industrial estate? Gypos nicked it! A whole fecking WW2 tank!!!

Good luck in cyprus!
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    yeah i remember the tank. surely god they never nicked it

left in 2003 but i remember it. i liked tankersley golf club was nice. No bad for an inland course, i am used to links living up here on the coast though.

have a nice time in spain bud. was in magaluf last october with the missus (was the end of the season) but still nice and warm.

lmao they nicked the tank.....how the f*ck did they manage that!
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, hyperhydrosis, has anyone got any more info on that? I suspect I may have had the same thing for a long lon glong time. I sweat gallons, even when I'm not feeling hot or stressed.
    Never thought it could have been a medical condition before.
    Can it be remedied, or solved?
  • It's awesome, the last week bar a couple of days has been brilliant for riding. Most of my rides take me past a tea-rooms which does an awesome ice-cream. cools me down lovely and I get to choose a different sauce each day :lol:
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • supersonic
    It is usually a symptom of something, but some people do just sweat a lot. Seems to happen to me most with mild anxiety.

Have a look at a product called Anhydrol Forte.
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Very hot here in Teesside 8) Off to the Pub soon, Chill in the Beer Garden for the rest of the evening :)
    Whats everyone else doing?
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    miss notax wrote:
    GmanUK101 wrote:

Wasn't it for a beer or something? Not that i'm old enough to remember..... :oops: :shock:

Think it was Heineken if IIRC, and yes I am old enough to remember that exact advert! :shock:
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • whalley665
    whalley665 Posts: 150
    I went to southern spain 3 weeks ago (Alcaidesa or somewhere) and it was really nice weather, on the beach almost everyday and now i have an amazing tan!

The weather in Langho is so F**kin hot and its meant to get hotter as the week goes on!

Can't wait!!
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Hmm, hyperhydrosis, has anyone got any more info on that? I suspect I may have had the same thing for a long lon glong time. I sweat gallons, even when I'm not feeling hot or stressed.
    Never thought it could have been a medical condition before.
    Can it be remedied, or solved?

Ive got hyperhydrosis...mostly my arm pits, so I use DRICLOR roll on.

Can get similar things from chemist or asda now i think.

put it on before bed, wash off in the morning. Can get a bit tender, but after a week I stopped sweating from my arm pits (unless during heavy strenuous exercise).

Only have to apply it once a fortnight now!

I can now wear t-shirts on hot days and not be embarrassed, yaaaaay!

Mine was to do with nerves...armpits would sweat like a horse on even the coldest days.

EDIT: here it is
    http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/driclor.html
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Kiblams
    My sweating is everywhere, not just under my arms :( the worst place seems to be my head, drips on my glasses mid ride which is very annoying indeed.
  • Si78
    Kiblams wrote:
    My sweating is everywhere, not just under my arms :( the worst place seems to be my head, drips on my glasses mid ride which is very annoying indeed.

Yeah I sweat like a horse during riding and other exertion. Head, back, arse lol
    Armpits barely sweat now tho.

I don't think there is anything you can do except wear a sweatband under ur helmet.

just over-active sweat glands, and over-efficient body cooling lol

Remember to keep well hydrated!
  • Anonymous
    same here, it's everywhere, particularly my head, face and hands. :(
    Been like this for years.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Kiblams wrote:
    .....if it's good enough for Nadal.... :wink:

nadal(1).jpg
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Si78
    same here, it's everywhere, particularly my head, face and hands. :(
    Been like this for years.

I still get sweaty palms etc, but i found that everything is a lot better since Ive reduced the sweating from my arm-pits.

I was getting embarrassed, stressed, nervous etc when I knew my pits were sweaty, and that made everything else worse.

I work in a foundry, and surprisingly I sweat a lot less than some others who work there, during the summer.

Its just that I was sweating ALL the time, didnt matter if the temp was -5C or +30C.

Like I said, I couldnt wear a shirt or tshirt... Going out to bars and clubs was an embarrassing nightmare.
  • Anonymous
    Well, i tend to make an arse of myself anyway, so going to a club or a pub is always an embarassing nightmare :lol:
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Well, I'm just gonna have a shower and wash the sun cream off, then take away for tea followed by a dvd or maybe kicking my mates arse at a board game, not decided yet.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Kitty wrote:
    I'll be in my back garden, bikini on relaxing.

MMMmmmmmm.
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    I don't like to moan when we get nice weather but its a horrible kind of heat at the minute, its really clammy.

Working in overalls inside is no fun either, and several Magners last night didn't help things today...

:( :oops:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Si78
    Working an 8 hour nightshift in the foundry has officially done me in...

Just a tad sticky.

Only consolation (for me) is that It's even hotter in there during the day!
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :evil: heating up already and ive got to cycle 6 miles into sixth form in a second :evil:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Anonymous
    if it's heating up and you're cycling to 6th form, that means that in about a month's time, you're going to have over a month off, in glorious warm weather, and you're moaning? :roll: