Newbie to roads, which Boardman Team Carbon or the Road Team

martylaa
martylaa Posts: 147
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Ok i'm into mountain bikes but have the chance to join works cycle2work scheme through halfords, now i would'nt normally buy from these but i have my eye on the boardman carbon or the model undel the team road bikes ( fancy a change ), both ident parts apart from the carbon frame, now which one do i go for the caron is out of stock until august nut i do like the reviews of the bike or should i get the cheaper model now???
Any help i'm not going to be racing its just for leisure riding to be honest

marty

Comments

• bodisgod
    bodisgod Posts: 42
    If you get a £1000 voucher then go for the Team Carbon. I have one on C2W, I am very pleased with it. I didn't expect to use it as much as I do, I have an MTB set up for communting and a Boardman Pro MTB. If it's dry, the Team Carbon gets picked. It has rightly received great reviews from the mags. Worth the wait.
  • martylaa
    martylaa Posts: 147
    bodisgod wrote:
    If you get a £1000 voucher then go for the Team Carbon. I have one on C2W, I am very pleased with it. I didn't expect to use it as much as I do, I have an MTB set up for communting and a Boardman Pro MTB. If it's dry, the Team Carbon gets picked. It has rightly received great reviews from the mags. Worth the wait.
    thanks yeah finally managed to find one in my size and i have reserved it now just waiting for the LOC from work and i'm off to get it
  • bodisgod
    bodisgod Posts: 42
    You won't regret it! Good choice.